The Inner Circle Series
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERRY MEET! Welcome to the Inner Circle Series site. Hope you have fun and Enjoy!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prophecy of the Witch

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

Prophecy of the Witch Empty
PostSubject: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:23 am

Mairead Cathal is just an ordinary grade eleven student...well, if you call being a Wiccan, finding out your in a famous prophecy and being hunted by the darkness ordinary. She meets twin witches Ryan and Sarah on the first day and reveal to her a powerful prophecy about the darkness. They decide to go after the darkness with their newly formed coven behind them, but unexpected twists happen.

Mairead is the reincarnation of the Great Witch, someone in the group gets possessed by the darkness, another is the reincarnation of Athena and another has the power to see visions, what's next? Mairead and her friends must solve the problem of the darkness before it takes over and completes the Prophecy of the Witch...

©️ 2009

Last edited by Mairead_Cathal on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://innercircleseries.forumotion.com
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:25 am

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. -Dalai Lama

Prologue

The High Priest looked down at my sister and me. He knelt down so he was closer to my height, but of course being four I was really small.

"I want you to look at the circle, what do you see?"

I turned my head to look at the large circle joined hand in hand further off in the field. At first I was about to say "nothing" but then I looked harder. All of a sudden there was a yellow-green light surrounding them. I was shocked, surprised, amazed, one thing popped into my mind. Magick.

"There glowing" I replied looking at him, hoping I was right and not hallucinating.

He nodded his head once then stood up. Looking at the three of us, my sister, my dad, and myself he said;

"We'll be having another circle next week. You should join us"

"Thank-you" Rhoswen replied

I just gazed at the circle and whispered to myself. "Magick...wow"
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:27 am

Chapter 1

"Mair, get up were gonna be late c'mon!" Rhoswen called

"Ugh" Mornings. I hate them. It seemed ever since I moved back every morning was the same scene over and over again. Rhoswen, nagging me to get up and me sleeping in. Looking at my clock I realized I had plenty of time to get ready. The first day of school was always boring, for me it was going to be hard, I was coming half way through the first semester and in grade eleven. Being a new student is not easy especially in grade eleven because everyone knows each other from two years before, and you know no one...

It was a sunny day and quite warm, especially for November, apparently Canada gets one every other year-two years, so I decided on a thin strap tank top, a shrug, jeans and flats. I grabbed my silver bangles and watch and put them on my wrists, I also grabbed my beautiful silver heart shaped locket that my grandparents had given me last Christmas. As I was looking in the mirror putting on my make-up, I noticed I forgot one of my necklaces. There, hanging on my mirror was my silver five point star pentagram. "Should I wear it?" I thought.

"Might as well" I said putting it on. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs

"Bye Mom! Bye Dad! See you after school" I shouted.

"Good luck! Bye!" They yelled back.

I hopped in my sisters' car and headed off for school.

"You nervous?" Rhoswen said after a few minutes

"A bit" I replied gazing out the window, clutching my pendant.

“Don't worry, you'll be fine" she turned her head and smiled which quickly faded when she saw my necklace.

"Do you have to wear it?" Rhoswen said sounding a bit irritated

"Hey! Your one too, so you should be wearing yours too. It's not my fault Mom and Dad sent me to Ireland to stay with grandma and grandpa so I could-" Rhoswen cut me off.

"Hey for your info I love what we believe in, and they should have chosen me. Anyways here we are, behave!" Rhoswen got out of the car and walked over to her boyfriend Andrew and their friends. I sat there for a while, and then finally decided to head off to my first class.

I must of looked weird with my map of the school among the other students who knew this school like the back of their hand. Luckily I found my first class, which was math. I handed my note to my teacher Mr. Johnston and sat down in the empty seat near the side. It was very uncomfortable because I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"Class we have a new student, Mairead Cathal. Mairead want to come up and tell us a bit about yourself?" Mr. Johnston asked

"Umm...sure?" Oh great I thought, here it comes. I walked up to the front hearing the voices of the girls behind me whispering things about me; I took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Hi I'm Mairead Cathal, I'm 15, I was born here in Canada and then was sent off by my parents to Ireland to live with my grandparents when I was four, which is why I have a bit of an accent and my sister doesn't." Ok so far so good, I grabbed my pendant in relief, but when I did that everyone’s eyes followed and once they saw what I was holding, the whispers started. Damn! I thought. As I was looking around the room I saw that there were two people who weren't gossiping or whispering. On the left side, next to the empty seat which was mine was this long brunette hair, blue eyes, very gorgeous and fashionable girl looking around the room rolling her eyes and then looking at me intensely. On the opposite right corner was a tall brunette, blue eyed very handsome guy, a lot like the girl, staring at me weird, like he was trying to solve a math equation. I was a bit surprised and when our eyes locked I felt sudden heat form in my cheeks.

"I...uh-can I please sit down now? I've told pretty much the basic." Please say yes I thought to myself.

"Alright. Thank you Miss. Cathal, now let’s get on with the lessons." Mr. Johnston said ruffling through his lesson plan and began writing on the chalkboard.

We started to work on the homework we were assigned when the guy behind me, who was being very annoying and loud with his friends, whispered in my ear.

"So, is it true you fly around on a broomstick at midnight?" His friends started chuckling behind him

"You’re kidding right? There’s no such thing. If you think things like that exist, you've seen too many movies." I rolled my eyes and turned back to my work.

"Well your necklace says-" He was cut off.

"Shut up Chris and get a life, that's the least you can do." I looked to
my left and saw the same girl who was staring at me while I was in the front, glaring at him.

"Oooh you think you’re all that don't you?" Chris challenged

"I don't think I am, I know I am, you’re the one who thinks your all that and king of the world, seriously no one cares." She flicked her
hair at him, and the class started laughing and ooing. Then she turned towards me.

"Just ignore them, I always do." She said smiling, I giggled. "I'm Sarah" she extended her hand and I shook it.

"I'm Mairead, but you can call me Mair." I smiled back. Just then the bell rang.

"It's nice to meet you, what class do you have next?"

"Umm..." I got my schedule out and checked it. "English with Sherwaltz.

"Oh I do to; here I'll show you to your next class."

I followed her out the door to the hallway but I was stopped by the guy who was staring at me earlier.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked puzzled. Sarah turned around and came back to where we were standing.

"Mairead, this is Ryan, Ryan this is Mairead." She said smiling, we shook hands.

"Hi." He said staring into my eyes, like he was again searching for something "Can we talk at lunch, the three of us. I have some questions." Sarah nodded her head once then looked at me.

"Oh, uh s-sure." I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks again, and I could hear Sarah silently giggling.

"Great, see you both then, it was nice meeting you." and with that he was in his next class, while Sarah and myself went to English.

"Your cheeks turned a nice colour there, and again when you were in the front of the class." Oh God. I thought, it was that noticeable?
"Well, ummm...I-I." Damn, why do I always stutter at times like this?

"Hey I think it's cute you like my brother." She turned her head towards me and started giggling.

"BROTHER!?" I practically shouted but no one seemed to care, Sarah was laughing now.

"Yeah, but sometimes I wish he wasn't, geez my mom had to give me a boy twin" She rolled her eyes and I laughed "I'm kidding, the two of us are really close, oh here we are." We walked in to class and took our seats.

English was the same; I gave Miss. Sherwaltz the note, told a bit about myself, then worked on the assigned reading. Like always there were whispers. I was so glad Sarah was in my class.

As we were walking to the cafeteria, Sarah was telling me the Do's and Don'ts of the school, like what not to eat in the cafe. What kids to avoid, what the teachers are like. I couldn't help but smile. Once we got our food we saw Ryan had saved a table for us in the top right corner of the cafe. As we were walking over I felt a lot of eyes on me. Why are new students the talk of the school, why couldn't they be regular students?

"Hey, thanks for saving us the seats." I said sitting down smiling.

"No Problem...now we get down to business." He said his face very serious.

"Ok?" I was confused, what business would we need to discuss, I just met them not to mention I was only a new student.

"You see, we uh...we kn-" Sarah was cut off by Ryan.

"We know what you are, like, we know what you are, and we need some answers." He said staring intensely in my eyes. I was stunned and confused. All I could do was just stare in silence.
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:31 am

Chapter 2

"Ok, I'm confused what are you talking about?" I was pretty sure I knew what they were talking about, I could sense it, but I wanted to hear them tell me themselves. I mean what if I was wrong I didn't want them finding out I was-

"You’re a witch" Ryan said matter-of-factly pointing at my necklace. Well crap I knew I should have left it at home, ah well too late for that now.

"Well I'm a pagan actually I just study Wicca, so I guess you could call me a witch but-" This time Sarah cut me off

"No no we know that, that's not what we mean. We mean you’re a witch." She emphasized the word witch, which made me very confused

"Yeah and? Like I said I just study the Pagan beliefs." I was starting to get really confused now, I mean yes I did spells and rituals and stuff and I studied at a special school for learning Wicca in Ireland (and no I'm not talking about Harry Potter kind of magic, that is strictly fictional and Hogwarts was in England). I never really experienced real Magick (except for the auras) or even was able to make a spell work as far as I know, so what were they talking about?

"Sarah, we’re not being very clear, we should start from the beginning"

"Like beginning of our ancestors? OK well-" Ryan cut her off

"Not that far stupid, from our beginning" he rolled his eyes and started shaking his head

"Fine, jeez. OK well, we were exposed to Magick...real Magick at day one, since then all we ever did was work, sleep and breathe Magick while maintaining good grades here at normal public school. Because we were exposed to Magick at a young age we developed ability to sense when people studied Wicca because it was cool but they had no Magick in their blood or if they had Magick in their blood and are very powerful." Sarah said looking at me while explaining.
Ryan kept on going before I was able to say something.

"We knew over the weekend something powerful was coming, and we would find out what that powerful thing was...that powerful thing was you." He locked eyes with me and smiled which sent a shiver down my spine. All I could do was just stare at him like an utter fool. I finally managed to clear my throat and speak after taking all this in.

"OK, I'm still confused. Yes I'm a Pagan/Wiccan, yes I do spells and rituals and stuff like that, but none of that has worked...how can I be oh so powerful like you say?" All I could do was shake my head, this made no sense, I was powerful? but how...I realized I hadn't touch my food, but I wasn't really hungry. After finding out I could very well be a powerful witch with actual powers I kind of lost my appetite. I pushed my tray of cafe food aside and finally looked up, shifting my gaze from Sarah to Ryan.

I started shaking my head again "Ok...let me get this straight, you "felt" I was coming because I'm a powerful witch? I've never done anything powerful in my life, well not true before I left I saw a group of pagan's having their Samhain ritual and I saw their aura but I've never done-" I looked up at them again and their mouths were open and they were gawking at me like I said I created a medical miracle, "What? What did I say?" Their staring was making me uncomfortable and I started fidgeting in my seat. None of them said anything for a while, and then Sarah shook her head like she was clearing her head and finally spoke.

"You can see auras?" Still stunned Sarah finally took a bite out of her salad, I realized that none of us had eaten our lunch, we were so busy talking. I looked up at the large clock on the far wall of the cafeteria and realized we only had 10 minutes left. Ryan’s next words snapped me out of it and caught my attention back to him

"If you can see aura's then-wait, when did you first see an aura" His expression made him look much older than 15 he was looking at me
so seriously and intensely like he was questioning me as if I committed a crime.

"I was 4 years old, when I had my first interaction with Wicca, my parents then decided I was "special" and shipped me off to Ireland the next week to stay with my grandparents for 10 years until I completed my education at the school they put me in." I started packing up my garbage and fishing out my schedule and then what happened next shocked me. Ryan grabbed my hand with his hand and with his other hand lifted my chin up so he could look at me. We started at each other for a long moment, I totally forgot I was in the cafeteria, that there were probably 200 students in it, I totally forgot Sarah was sitting and just staring at us. It seemed all time had stood still and it was just us. Ryan finally spoke.

"You’re defiantly more powerful than I thought...I-" Then the announcement student gave us our 5 minutes to class warning and put on "Love Story" By Taylor Swift

"We better get to class, Mairead can you join us after school? Maybe come over for a bit so we can chat some more?" Sarah said with a big grin

My stomach was still all fluttery from the incident with Ryan, I just nodded. I couldn't speak, I was too stunned. Sarah linked her arm through mine and we headed off to our next class, throwing bye over her shoulder at Ryan. When I looked back he winked at me and I'm sure my face turned as bright as a tomato.

"Come on we have Science then Drama" Sarah was grinning away and keeping very hard not to giggle.

"How do you know we don't have different classes?" She must have seen my schedule

"Ohh, lucky guess" She giggled and winked "One of the great aspects of being a witch huh?" she laughed again and bumped my shoulder. I shrugged
"How should I know?" This day was so confusing before long we were in science.

Science was boring, I've never been very good at it and our first unit was of course, my worst unit which was Physics, loooooooovely. The period seemed to drag on forever, then the bell rang and Sarah and I were off to Drama. We were laughing at some joke we were discussing in science when we entered drama. When I turned my head, sure enough, there was Ryan saving two seats for us and waving us over. The seat beside him was for me, I could already feel my cheeks getting red. The period started off fine, we were assigned plays and I got Romeo and Juliet (What are the odds?) This wasn't that bad, I was a fan of R&J.

What I wasn't a fan of was what Ms. Jainkins assigned. Partners.

"Alright class I'm going to assign partners for you now, this assignment will be due on Friday" She picked up her clipboard and started reading off names. Please pair me with Sarah was all I could think.

One by one she was reading off partners, with the luck I've been having lately I would be called last. "Jared you will be paired with Sarah...and that leaves Maired and Ryan" Of course, typical. I looked over at Ryan and he was grinning away at me. I quickly looked down at the book (script) and covered my side of my face with my hair so he couldn't see me blush. That was my least of my worries; I then realized I would be spending the rest of the afternoon with Sarah...and Ryan. Crap! Ms. Jenkins told us to get into our group and work on our plays so I walked over to Ryan’s desk and sat down and looked at him. He was smiling at me and I couldn’t help but smile back.

“Okay, so ‘Romeo and Juliet’. How is this going to work, you be Romeo and I be Juliet?” Ryan said chuckling and winked at me. I couldn’t help but laugh.
“Hey if you’re willing to put on a dress and go up on the balcony I have no objections.” We both started laughing again.

“Umm no thanks I’ll pass, so I’ll be Romeo” Ryan said looking at me

“And I’ll be Juliet.” I said smiling back. I heard laughter from the other side of the room where Sarah and Jared were. They were totally flirting and doing nothing on their play. Ms. Jenkins came over to see if they were doing their work and after that they got busy picking a scene.

“My god could they be any louder?” I asked Ryan

“She’s at least making some progress.” He turned his attention back to me

“What do you mean?” I said looking at him

“She’s liked him since grade nine, and has been too afraid to tell him. Good thing they got paired up.” He said smiling and looking at her quickly.

“We’ll it looks like he was holding up his own by flirting also.” I giggled and saw Ms. Jenkins making her way closer to us. “So, what scene would you like to do?” I said flipping through the pages of the book.

“How about the balcony scene?” I snapped up from looking at the book to look at him then I looked down at his book which was open to the balcony scene.

“T-The balcony scene?” I stuttered then thought about that scene. That was one of the most romantic of scenes.

“Yeah, it’s my favourite scene. I hope you don’t mind…We don’t have to if you don’t want to do that scene” He said looking down at the book.

“No that’s fine! It’s my favourite scene too.” I smiled at him and he smiled back. We started discussing on if we were going to do the whole scene or just a fragment, what costumes we would pull from the costume room, etcetera, and etcetera. I dropped my pencil and bent down to pick it up. When I went to grab it Ryan grabbed it too but we ended up grabbing our hands instead. I looked up at him and blushed. He squeezed my hand and gave me my pencil.

“Thanks.” I said blushing

“It’s not a problem my Juliet.” He said chuckling just a bit. Just then the bell rang and I felt some disappointment. I now didn’t want to leave; we were doing great progress on our project and having a great time. I then remembered again that same period that I was going to his house later. Suddenly it wasn’t such a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:33 am

Chapter 3

The bell rang and Sarah and I went to our lockers, once we finished putting all the books we didn’t need for homework in them, we headed outside to wait for Ryan. As we were walking down the hall towards the foyer I remembered I need to tell Rhoswen I was heading over to Sarah’s house. We walked out the doors to the turn-a-round where all the busses usually parked, but by the time we got out there they were already heading out. I looked over towards the wall and saw my sister making out with her boyfriend. Ew, did she not know it was gross to show PDA (Public Display of Affection) at school when I’m around? Sarah was talking away about how she was so excited to be paired with Jared because he was super cute and such a gentlemen, they were flirting the rest of the class and totally forgetting about the project. Then I remembered who my partner was and I started blushing again. Sarah must have noticed because she stopped talking and began laughing.

“I’ve never seen a girl blush so much in her life! You must really loooooooove my brother.” She laughed and waved at some girls that said bye to her.

“I don’t love your brother, I don’t know he makes me feel all fluttery inside and I can’t help it, I easily blush” I said pouting and looking away

“Awe, that’s so adorable! Hee hee wait till I tell him he’ll be-“I immediately cut her off

“You cannot! Tell your brother, he can’t know, at least not yet…”I trailed off and started thinking when I would tell him. Maybe tonight? No not tonight we had other things to discuss, and besides what if I told him and turned me down 'cause I’m a newbie and he doesn’t know me, or that I’m not cute enough! Someone calling my name which shut up the babbling that was going on inside my head. When

I looked up I saw Rhoswen waiving at me with her had that wasn’t clutched onto her boyfriends arm.

“Mairead c’mon! If you want a ride you better get your ass over here pronto, unless you’d like to walk home.” Rhoswen yelled. Jeez, Sisters, can’t live with them, can’t live without them…or was that the saying for guys? Either way it still works. I looked at Sarah and we both rolled our eyes then I turned back to the direction my sister was and shouted back.

“Go ahead without me, I’m going over to Sarah’s house.” I pointed at her and she waved at Rhoswen. I turned to her and quickly asked if I was staying for dinner, she nodded her head and I turned back to Rhoswen. “Also tell mom I’m staying for dinner.” I could see Rhoswen nod her head and wave bye, and her and Andrew got in the car and pulled out of the parking lot. No more than five seconds later Ryan came through the doors, looking all handsome and mysterious. He walked over to us and looked at me and smile that unbelievable gorgeous smile, I couldn’t help but smile back.

“Ready to go?” He asked both of us, but locked eyes with me. I couldn’t help but blush

“Yup! I’m all ready…shoot! I left my phone in my locker, be right back” Sarah said frantically. Oh no. She was leaving me alone with him? Not good.

“I’ll come too.” I said quickly, Sarah started giggling

“No need, I’ll only be a second. Have fun you two.” She winked at me and ran back into the school. There was a long awkward silence, and then Ryan spoke.

“So, why did your parents make you leave? Couldn’t you have learned Wicca here?” I’ll have to admit it was kind of random no one ever asked me why I left, or why I came back, I was glad he did so I didn’t mind answering his question
“Well after the incident that happened the night we came in contact with the Wiccan ritual and the aura’s and things, my parents thought I was ‘special’ and had potential to study the craft even more. So they called my grandparents and explained to them what happened, put me on a plane and I was off to Ireland the next week for the next 10 years of my life.” I looked up at him and he was looking off in the distance thinking. When it seemed like many moments passed he looked down locking eyes with me and smiled.

“Did you miss not having a normal life? Like not being able to be a part of a normal public school?” His eyes were very questionable, like my answer was the most important thing in the world.

“Huh, I never really thought about it before, I guess a part of me did miss having friends, and playing outdoors for recess and learning everything everyone else was learning,. I mean, the school I went to was great, don’t get me wrong, but I never had a grade 8 grad or got to have my first elementary school crush, even though we were all a part of one school, the classes were one on one, so yes, I would say I do miss not having a normal life.” I looked down, feeling kind of sad, now that I think about it most of my life was wasted away working on the craft.

“Well, let me just say, if you stayed here and went to school with me, I would of invited you to grad.” He lifted my chin so he could lock eyes with me and smiled, and then he grabbed my hand. I swear my heart skipped a beat and all I could do was focus on Ryan, nothing else, and all I could think about was how badly I wanted to kiss him. I finally managed to speak.

“A-and why is that?” God he was so gorgeous. My heart was racing so much and I thought I was going to faint. He gave a little chuckle and grinned and finally said.

“You’re beautiful, fun, and very unique. Why wouldn’t I want to invite you to dance, and hold you during a slow dance…and do this.” He moved a strand of hair from my face and slowly started to bend down. Oh. My. God he was going to kiss me! My heart was racing a mild a minute. I started to stand on my tip toes to meet him half way when Sarah burst in. Ryan dropped my hand and we both stepped back

“Found it! Aha it was in Drama class not my locker, I nearly had a heart attack when I looked in my locker and it wasn’t there, ready to go?” She looked from Ryan to me and smiled

“Yes, let’s go.” He smiled and mouthed ‘we’ll talk later’ to me when Sarah was walking around to my other side (of course putting me in the middle) and we headed off to their house

They had a huge house! It was very Medieval/Celtic like from King Arthurs time. Inside was just as nice, old fashioned furniture and a single staircase that split off into two opposite staircase. I gaped at the house like a moron, and finally snapped out of my dream of living in a house like this.

“This is where you live? My God I am so jealous!” Ryan and Sarah laughed; they must of heard people say that a lot

“Aha yeah we hear that a lot, come on let’s get some tea and sit in the family room, Ryan can you go down to the basement and get the ‘you know what’ and meet us in the family room?” Sarah snuck a quick glance in my direction then looked back at Ryan and added “Can you also get some snacks? Please and thank you” She smiled and pulled me into the kitchen to start making the tea. It was quiet for a while and Sarah was really fidgety, I wonder what was getting to her. Then she finally spoke up.

“Ok I can’t take it any longer! What happened with you and Ryan while I was gone!” She was clutching my arm like if I didn’t tell her she would break it off. I rolled my eyes and decided to tell her.
“Well, he asked me why I had left to study Wicca in Ireland and not here in Canada so I explained to him why, then he asked me if I missed having a normal like and going to a normal public school and I said yes because I never had a grade 8 grad and a first elementary school crush and stuff like that. Then he said that if I went to his school he would of invited me because I’m beautiful and fun and unique and he so he could hold me close during a slow dance and so he could do this, and then he started to bend down to kiss me, and well that’s when you came in.” I gave her a glare, I wasn’t too thrilled, and I really wanted to kiss him

“Oh. My. Goddess! That is the most romantic, cutest, most adorable thing I have ever heard! You are so lucky! I’m so sorry I barged in I didn’t mean to be such bad timing!

“Aha it’s ok, he said he we would talk later so it’s all good.” Sarah sighed in relief and smiled a reassuring smile. Once the tea was made we went into the family room which was huge. It had a 58” flat screen TV a full gorgeous navy blue living room couch and chair set with an end table between the love seat and the couch and a coffee table in the middle. There was a stone fireplace on the far wall with a mantel with lots of picture frames on them. Ryan was sitting on the love seat which what looked like a very ancient looking leather bound book. It had some type of runes on the cover which I couldn’t make out from the distance. We walked over to where he was sitting, Sarah took the other side of the love seat and I took the chair. We all started drinking our tea when Ryan finally spoke.

“I brought up Oreo’s that’s all I could find for a snack, and now we can talk some more.” He smiled and took another drink of his tea and cleared his throat. “Do you know what this is?” He held up the book and looked at me with a serious look. I took another sip of my tea and answered.

“It looks like a very old spell book or-“I stopped talking like someone hit the mute button. I then saw what the runes said on the cover. I gasped and covered my mouth almost knocking over my tea.
“Ohmygod…I’ve never seen one in tacked before...!” I trailed off. Sarah cut in “You know what it says?” She was looking at me her eyes very hopeful, hoping I knew the right answer.”

“Yes, it’s the most famous book in Wiccan time…Wiccan prophecies through the ages where did you get this...? And why am I involved. Please don’t tell me I’m in it.

The twins looked at each other for a long moment then both looked at me and nodded. Somewhere in that book had an answer to what they’ve been telling me at lunch and what the secret behind my true powers, but I could see in their eyes that there was more than knowing I had special powers, and it didn’t give me a warm bubbly feeling like I had before. I knew dangers lied ahead and my journey was just beginning. I took a sip of my tea and sighed.
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:36 am

Chapter 4

“This is unbelievable! I mean come on, how could I be in the most famous and mysterious book of all time. How can there be a prophecy about me?” I asked setting my tea down.

“Mysterious doesn’t even begin to describe this book.” Sarah said shaking her head.

“What do you mean?” I was confused, we all knew it was a mysterious book because of the prophecies it foretold, but something in their eyes told me that there was more to the story.

“We were looking through this book, oh, probably a month or two ago and the latest prophecy was from the 1600’s. We looked at it again over the weekend when we sensed you were coming and-you won’t believe this-there was another page added to the book! Like actually put in there like it was always there when the book was created, except, it wasn’t there a couple months ago.” Sarah grabbed the book from Ryan and flipped to the back, she handed the book so I could read the prophecy. On the page it said For Mairead’s eyes only. I gasped, that was so weird. “We tried everything we could to see what it said and nothing would appear…” Sarah trailed off. She looked at me while I stared at the page, just then the words of the poem appeared. I cleared my throat and began to read

Ancient Flames will come and go
As all time stands still
For the fight you must forego
Before the darkness has begun to kill.

The side you choose must be strong of three
For the darkness craves to attack the one
Choose your pair and choose them wisely
When she arises, The battle has begun

Search for the path that hides within
The power must be strong to see
The choice is yours, you must begin
So all may rest in blessed be

Remember not everything is like it seems
The Enemy within can destroy the Wicca dream

“Wow…” The three off us said. I just stared at the page and thought about what the poem said. This was way too confusing Ancient Flames? Path within? Kill?! This was getting stranger and stranger, and a little scary. Ryan cleared his throat.

“This is defiantly more serious than I thought. The prophecy predicts that there’s a fight between you and the darkness, but the side you choose must be strong of three…” He trailed off then looked up to look at me. Sarah shifted her gaze from Ryan to me. I knew they were both hoping for me to answer that the three of us were going to be the team. I already made up my mind the second I read the prophecy, even though I just met them I needed there power and support behind me. I looked at both of them and smiled.

“Don’t worry, I already made up my mind, I’ve chosen you two as my pair, we are the three it mentions in the prophecy.” They both smiled widely at me and I chuckled, I couldn’t believe how close we’ve gotten in less than a day. “Now, let’s finish de-coding this prophecy and start getting ready for this darkness.” Ok I’ll admit I’ve see National Treasure too many times so I couldn’t help but reference to it (i.e.: de-coding) “So what was the last thing we looked over…oh yes, strong of three, what’s next?” I looked at Ryan who I could tell was going over the poem in his mind.
“Well we know the darkness is a she, because it says when she arises the battle has begun, so we have to be on our guard for anyone who seems unusual. We have to defeat the darkness before she begins to kill, which isn’t good and-.” Sarah rolled her eyes and cut him off

“Well no shit Sherlock we kind of already figured that. Now, it’s my turn to do some de-coding.” She looked at me and we both smiled, I love how they were using my references. “OK so, back to the prophecy. Search for the path that hides within could be reference to your powers? And it says the power must be strong to see, so it could mean we have to work on ‘upgrading’ our powers and ability so it can be seen. The choice is yours you must begin, obviously means, get going ASAP. So all may rest in blessed be, that must mean things might start arising with the darkness and until we defeat her, things can’t rest.” Sarah poured all of us some more tea and I grabbed some Oreo’s. When I looked up Ryan was gaping at her like she spoke an ancient language. Sarah took noticed and rolled her eyes. “Yes that’s right I actually know poetry and the hidden meaning of things.” She smiled at me and laughed “I’m a big fan of National Treasure also.” I couldn’t help but laugh also, so I wasn’t the only movie dork.

I took another sip of my freshly poured tea and continued with the final stanza of the poem. “Not everything is like it seems which means something that seems bad could be good or something that’s good could be bad, so we have to be extra careful who we let in our inner circle. As for the enemy within can destroy the Wicca dreams, if the darkness get in our inner circle…she’s going to destroy everything good about Wicca as we know it.” That last part defiantly wasn’t a guess, I knew that’s what the outcome could be, I could sense it, I could feel it inside my gut. We all just stared at the floor thinking. Ryan stood up and started pacing. I heard a clock in the distance chime four times, which meant it was four o’clock. Wow, I thought, we had spent two and a half hours discussing the prophecy. Ryan stopped pacing and looked at me and walked over to me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up so he could look into my eyes better. He smiled and turned towards Sarah, bending down and picking up the book. Then he finally spoke.

“Well if we’re going to figure out how to stop this darkness we better get started on your powers. We all have a lot to learn and who knows how long to learn it. First off Mairead are you able to run home and grab all your books on Wicca?” My mouth dropped open and I laughed nervously.

“All my books, I have so many! Could we not use the ones you guys have? I asked while thinking where they all were.

“Yes, I want to see what you’ve been learning and studying. So bring your reading books as well as your work books, and if you trust me enough, could you bring your book of shadows?” Ryan asked. I was about to say no because I did only meet him today, but then I thought about it and with the incident that happened at school, I decided yes I could defiantly trust him. He looked so sad when I didn’t answer right away. I touched the side of his face and replied.

“Yes of course I trust you, I trust both of you.” I smiled and looked over at Sarah and she smiled back. “Alright, my house is about 10 minutes away I’ll run home, drop my homework off and grab my books and be back shortly.”

“OK.” The both said and waved bye to me.

I practically ran home I was so excited, and kind of nervous. I really wanted to learn more about what my powers really held, but I was scared because I didn’t know how to use them, or how powerful they were. When I got home I was greeted by my mom

“Hi sweetie how was school…aren’t you supposed to be at your friends?” My mom smiled but then she became concerned, I’m sure she was thinking I had a fight with Sarah and Ryan because I said I was going to be there for dinner. I smiled reassuringly at her and hugged her.

“Don’t worry mom, I’m going straight back to their house. I just need to pick up a few things and then I’m walking back over, they only live at the other end of the street.” I gave my mom one last hug and headed up the stairs. When I was halfway up she called me back.
“I made some cookies if you want to take them with you. Now you don’t have a curfew but it is a school night and you do have homework so not too late please.” She smiled and walked back towards the kitchen to pack up some of the cookies. I yelled OK to her and ran up to my room. I was racing around gathering all my books and my many ‘book of shadows’ I have written over the years. My recent one was on my desk, when I went over to grab my BOS there was an envelope on top of it. My name was addressed on the front, I slowly began to open it, the note inside was short, a warning. I gulped and read it out loud to myself.

The time is running out
Darkness is arising and soon will come forth
Be warned, be on guard, and watch your back
For she is watching your every move

Lovely. Not only was I stressed about learning new powers and trying to fit in at school and worrying about the prophecy, I got a letter or warning that the darkness was arising soon and we had less time than we thought to-in the words of Sarah-‘upgrade’ our powers. Things could not get any worse…
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:37 am

Chapter 5

“OH NO! Why…How…When…” Sarah said hysterically and pacing back and forth. Ryan was leaning against the kitchen counter still reading the note over and over again. Sarah reached for another one of my mom’s cookies and continued pacing back and forth.

“I don’t know! That’s all there was on my desk. Don’t you think I should be the one freaking out here? Today I find out that I’m a powerful witch with power I have no clue what they do, I find out that I’m in a famous Wiccan Prophecy book with a mysterious prophecy that randomly showed up in the book on the weekend and I’m in it, and now I go up to my room and I see a warning note saying that the darkness will be arising sooner than we thought and she’s watching my every move!” I sounded a lot calmer than I felt. Now that I think about it, this would be a perfect opportunity to start freaking out like Sarah, but somehow I knew freaking out wouldn’t solve anything (and also Ryan was there and I definitely did not want him to see me flip out. It’s not pretty).

“My God, Sarah! Pull yourself together! I’m so sorry Mair she always freaks out at the smallest of things.” He rolled his eyes at Sarah and gave me a grin. This is small? I thought

“Small? Small! You think this is small?! This is the hugest thing ever! Mairead is in trouble. The darkness is arising and watching her and could attack at any moment. Oh yeah Ryan this is ‘small’” Sarah made air quotes around small and started pacing back and forth. The twins started bickering on whether or not it was a big deal or not. Finally I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Alright! Enough! Guys we can’t waste time arguing we have to get ready. The darkness could appear tomorrow and them what? Were screwed that’s what. We need to start looking though our books and start preparing for the battle type thing. Ok?” I shifted my gaze between the both of them. Ryan was the first to speak.

“Mairead’s right, we have to get started.” He gave me a reassuring smile and reached for my hand to squeeze it. “Mairead you the leader so what shall we do.” What? I’m the leader? I don’t know how to be one! I gulped and looked a Ryan, trying and failing not to stutter.

“W-well…ummm. I think we should just try some things and see what our powers do…That would be our best bet.” I looked at the two of them hoping they would agree with me.

“Excellent plan Mair! Ryan why don’t you take Mairead and gather up all of our books and then come back down to the basement to the Study.” She gave me a quick smile and then disappeared to the basement. I followed Ryan up the staircase (The right one) and to the bedrooms. We first went in Sarah’s room which of course was decorated in pink (not very surprising because it definitely suited her personality); it hardly had any Wicca things in it., (Hmm very interesting). Once we gathered all of Sarah’s books we were heading toward the other end of the hall to what looked like a boy’s room. Then it clicked, we were heading into Ryan’s room. Uh oh.

His room was very plain, not like the typical guys room you always see, (lots of band posters and videogame posters and stuff like that). There was his bed on the back wall with a simple navy blue comforter on top. He had an elegant mahogany desk with a black Toshiba laptop on it. On the top shelf were trophies, books, CD’s and a picture with Sarah and himself in a frame (awe how cute!). On his side table were his iPod touch and his cell phone (which by the way was a wicked cool LG slide phone which everyone had at school). He opened his closet to grab his books and book of shadows from the top shelf and I just happened to glance at the floor. There inside that tiny little space in is closet, was his altar, (You know where wiccans do there rituals and offerings and things?) and my god it was beautiful. He had a deep pine green silk cloth with a Black diamond piece laid on top. He had a candle representing each element (Wind, Fire, Water, Earth and spirit), as well as one for Sun, and moon. He had a clay pentagram in the center with two white candles on either side of it, there was also an athem and a amethyst near the front of the altar. Dead center standing behind the pentagram was a god and a goddess which I couldn’t make out who they were. I knelt down on both my knees and sat down so I could get a closer look at everything (being very careful not to touch or knock anything over). Once Ryan grabbed the last book he looked down and noticed I was staring at his altar he knelt down so he was beside me. I didn’t look at him when I finally spoke up.

“Wow…how long have you had this?” I was taking this beautiful scene in. My altar looked pretty and reflected my personality, but this was more than any pretty. Ryan sighed and chuckled softly.

“Since I learned about altars and what they are and did. Sarah made hers first, it was under her desk and then after she told me she finally made one I thought I would too. Over the years I’ve added things, like the god and goddess.” My gaze went back to the god and goddess statues standing side by side. They were beautiful.

“Who are they? Or who do they represent?” I asked looking at the magnificent detail in the two statues. There was a small pause before Ryan spoke,

“The god is Apollo, he’s the god of music. Music is one of my passions, and the goddess is Athena, goddess of wisdom and art.” My heart literally skipped a beat. I was absolutely passionate about music, and art was my second best subject…we had way more things in common than I thought. I looked at all of the altar again, my mind couldn’t get over the fact how beautiful and powerful it was. I finally found my voice again to speak.

“I can feel the power you’ve put into it, It’s so magical and…and beautiful.” I felt like I was in a trance from his altar. Was it because it was created by Ryan? Or maybe it was just so powerful? Either way I couldn’t help but feel like I was in a trance. Ryan’s nest words totally snapped me out of it.

“Yes…you are.” He took my hand and I immediately turned my gaze from his altar into his eyes. My heart was racing a mile a minute and I’m sure my face was a very interesting shade of red. We both just stared into each others eyes for what seemed like an eternity. He smiled he gorgeous smile and I could see him about to lean into me but then…he hesitated. I felt my heart drop. Was he not going to try and kiss me again all because we were interrupted by Sarah the last time? Or maybe he changed his mind and decided he didn’t want to kiss me and take a chance with me? The worry and sad babbling that was going inside my head must have reflected in my face because he started chuckling. He stood up, grabbed the books and held his free hand out for me. I looked at his hand and then looked up into his eyes again.

“Don’t worry, I don’t want to get interrupted again and you know how impatient Sarah is she’ll probably come up and look for us.” When he saw my face was still a little sad he started to frown too which almost broke my heart. He looked like a little lost boy with his expression so sad. “Please smile for me? I hate to see you sad.” Awe! He was too cute! I couldn’t help but smile big after he said that and his face went from sad to really happy. I took his hand and he helped me up but didn’t let go of my hand, instead he intertwined our fingers so we were actually holding hands!

“We’ll have plenty of time to talk later, ok love?” Love? Did he just call me love! O.M.G! He then bent down and kissed my cheek really softly. My heart skipped many beats and I swear I would have fainted right there and then if he hadn’t lead me down the staircases and toward the basement. My face was tomato red and in my mind I kept saying oh my god, oh my god, Ohmygod!

The study looked like an old medieval secret room. It had stone walls and lanterns lit all around the room, (not lamps or a chandelier type fixture hanging from the ceiling, they type of lanterns people had long before electricity). Sarah was curled up on the leather couch on the far with a book and a cup of tea. When she heard us enter she looked up and rolled her eyes. She set her book and tea down, stood up and crossed her arms. She gasped and started giggling when she saw us holding hands.

“Soooooo, what did I miss while you two were upstairs?” She winked and giggled then walked over to grab the books from Ryan. Ryan and I sat down on the leather love seat while Sarah put all our books on the dining room sized table. There must have been 40 odd books on Wiccan subjects and three piles of ten to fifteen books stacked in each pile. Sarah sat on the couch and sighed.

“Alright, all our books are down here and now we can get started. How should we go about doing this Mair?” For once I wasn’t scared or nervous about being the “leader” it’s like something awakened in me.

“Well, I say we start by reading all the books we can starting with our books of shadows to see if anything unusual happened when we were little. You know, unknown powers, spells we came up with, stuff like that.” I smiled at the two of them. I felt very proud of myself that I had come out of my shell. I had never been good at being a leader and making suggestions. I went to stand up to grab one of my BOS’s when I felt this incredible jolt of pain go through the left side of my chest. I doubled over gasping and clutching my shirt where the pain was. Ryan and Sarah were at my side in an instant.

“Mairead? Mair! What’s wrong? What’s going on!” Sarah cried. She grabbed a hold of my free hand. I didn’t look up I screamed in pain and then responded.

“I-I don’t know. I’m in…I’m in so much pa-“ I screamed again and fainted.

I didn’t know what was happening. My first thought was I just died, But I felt too aware. Then I felt two strong hands on my shoulders shaking me to wake up. I knew exactly who it was before I heard them speak.

“Mair? Mairead? Hun can you hear me. Sweet Goddess! Wake up love, come on!” Ryan said. It sounded like he was crying and I heard Sarah quietly sobbing beside him. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the two of them kneeling over me. They both sighed in relief and hugged me. Suddenly I felt fine and was able to sit up.

“Wh-what happened?” Sarah asked while hiccupping (you know after you’ve cried you get hiccups?)

“I have no clue? It was so weird though” I pulled down my left side of my shirt to see if there was any bruising or anything. When I pulled it down a bit more we all gasped. There was a lilac coloured Pentagram with two swirls on either side.

“Ohmygod! Ryan it’s true! The legend grandma told us was true!” Sarah gushed as she stared at the new design on my left shoulder.

“Unbelievable!” Ryan smiled while looking at the design. He traced his finger on it which sent a shiver down my spine. I was very confused. What did it mean?

“What are you guys talking about? What legend was it that your grandmother told you?” I asked both of them but was staring at Ryan who was looking into my eyes. He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

“The great witch has finally been revealed my love.” He moved a strand of hair away from my face. “You are the one our world has been waiting for.” My jaw dropped. I was what? This was unbelievable. Now I definitely knew all our lives had changed for the better. And more unexpected turns lay ahead.
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:40 am

Chapter 6

“I-I’m what?” I stuttered

“You are the great witch. That” He pointed to my new lilac tattoo that appeared not moments ago. ”Is the mark of the great witches. Long ago there was a coven of three great witches that ruled the Wiccan world, using their powers for good. You must be either blood related or reincarnation of the leader of them, Marabeth. She had the lilac tattoo.” Ryan smiled at me then Sarah chimed in.

“This is amazing Mairead! This calls for a celebration!” Sarah stood up and started towards the door when I grabbed her arm.

“Later, we really have to get reading. Let’s see it’s almost five now, why don’t we read for an hour and then go out and celebrate.” I smiled at her and she grinned back and nodded, then headed over to the table. Ryan and I followed. We first started with the book of shadows because we thought it would be out best bet in case we did something or discovered something when we were younger. We decided to work backwards from current to past, about midway through mine I found an entry I nearly screamed I was so surprised, not because it was shocking, ‘cause believe me it was shocking but also I didn’t remember it at all!

May 18 2002
Today I was working on my tarot cards, learning what
each one meant and represented and then all of a sudden the cards all turned the same! They all turned into the goddess Athena which was weird because there is no Athena card. At first I was a little freaked out because the cards changed and also Athena is my goddess, the one I believe in, but then when I turned around she was there in my bedroom! She smiled at me and came forward and knelt down to my level because I was on the floor beside my altar. “My dearest child” she spoke “Y-yes?” I answered back. “My child, do not fear me, I am your goddess not you enemy, I have news for you, news that you will need to hold dear with you even if you forget it.” The goddess smiled again and I tried to smile back but I was still in shock. She continued on, “You are very powerful Mairead Cathal, with great power holds great responsibilities, you are known for a powerful legend that you and you alone can read.” I stared up at her “I don’t understand” I said. She laughed then touched my cheek “You will understand in time” she then opened her hand and there was a lilac coloured orb in her hand. “Keep this close to your heart; you will need it when you’re older. Remember my child I am always here with you.” She then touched the orb to my chest where my heart was and then I must of fainted because when I woke up I was on the floor near my altar. What does this mean...?

-Wickura

“I found it!” I shouted. Ryan and Sarah got up to stand behind my chair so they could read my entry. Sarah gasped and I could feel her gripping my chair. She then tilted my head back so I could see her.

“Why didn’t you tell us?! This is insanely huge!” Sarah then walked around and brought her chair close to mine. Ryan was still standing behind me. I was about to tell Sarah that I had no clue about this when I saw Ryan’s arm in the corner of my eye.

“May I?” He asked. I nodded and handed him my book of shadows and then turned back to Sarah.

“I didn’t tell you ‘cause I didn’t know! I’m as shocked as you are! I don’t remember any of this, and it actually happened to me!” Why couldn’t I remember any of this? It wasn’t all that long ago.

“Hmm, that is puzzling…your memory might have been wiped after you fainted, but that wouldn’t have made any sense because you wrote it down…” He trailed of and started to pace. He turned to Sarah “Hey sis, you got some gum?” I gave him a puzzling look, he needs gum now? Just as if he read my thoughts he chuckled and responded “Gum helps me think.” Sarah threw him a piece and he continued to pace.

I got up to get some more tea when I heard it. ‘POP’ I ignored the sound and poured the tea, when I heard it again ‘POP’. I turned around to see Sarah sitting on her chair reading through some more books of shadows, and Ryan pacing. When I looked at Ryan I saw where the popping was coming from…he was popping his gum. ‘POP’. I cringed, that was one of my biggest pet peeves I was kind of surprised that Ryan (My perfect knight in shining armor dream guy with no flaws, perfect in every way was, well, not a 100% perfect.)

But was I about to let one of my pet peeves turn me away from him? Hell. No! Ryan cared about me. Even after a day of knowing him, it felt as if I had known him my whole life, and I couldn’t understand why. I finally realized that he may be the one for me. I felt it in my soul, and I could tell when he was so worried about me not long ago. My heart skipped a beat when I thought about how much he already cared about me and how we might start dating. I walked back to my seat trying and failing to hide my blushing, Sarah took notice, she rolled her eyes and started silently giggling.

I sat back down and made eye contact and both started smiling. Then ‘POP’, I did a mental eye roll, that was going to get on my nerves a bit, but I’ll learn to live with it.

“Okay, so we know that your memory couldn’t have been erased because you wrote in your book of shadows right after, maybe you could have forgotten this over time?” He asked pulling up a chair and sitting next to me. I shook my head.
“No, it’s impossible I could have just forgotten about it, it’s too huge to not remember it…” I trailed off and thought when I didn’t remember about it, but I couldn’t think of when. Sarah gasped like she just discovered something and we both turned to look at her.
“Maybe you weren’t meant to remember it all these years.” I gave her a puzzling look, she noticed and continued on. “Well think about it, the goddess came to you practically telling you the future, she just happened to give you a purple orb and put it in same place as where your new tattoo was. Maybe she only let you remember for a short time so you could write in your book of shadows so we could figure it out today!”

Ryan and I stared at her in stunned silence. I didn’t know what to say. Ryan cleared his throat and spoke, still sounding very surprised.

“That has to be it…but why would she do that to you?” Ryan read over the entry again. I thought about it too. Why would Athena tell me about the future and give me the purple orb that has been passed down from generations and given to me that made me either the reincarnation or blood relative of the great witch. Then the light bulb went off in my head.

“She did it to protect me…” Ryan and Sarah stared at me so I continued on. “Well think about it, I was what eight? I was so young and new to Wicca that I had no clue what was going on. If she felt I was ready when I was eight she would have told me then, but she wanted to protect me and let me learn more, meet you guys, then let me figure it out after I read the entry. That’s when my tattoo appeared. So it wasn’t because she didn’t love me, she did it to keep me safe.”

After I said it, I knew I was right, If I’d known about the prophecy and the darkness when I was little it would of freaked me out even more than it does now. Was I scared? Totally. Was I ready? Not yet but someday I sure as hell will be. And that day is coming up fast!

I breathed an exhausted sigh and leaned back in my chair. Ryan walked behind me and squeezed my shoulders.

“Tired?” He asked being very concerned

“A bit, keep in mind I have had a pretty exhausting first day. First you two tell me I might have more powers than meets the eye. Then I find out I’m in a book of prophecies that says that a darkness of some sorts is on its way to get me…well now us. Then I get a new tattoo that indicates I’m a reincarnation or a blood relative of ‘The Great Witch’ Marabeth. And then I find out that the Goddess Athena gave me the orb and appeared to me when I was eight and basically told me the future, and then wiped my memory after I wrote it down in my book of shadows so we could find it today.” I sighed I really did wish this happened on the second day of school and not the first. I mean I already have enough stress in trying to fit in at school and not have people whisper about me. If I was normal it would be a pretty easy day. Ryan squeezed my shoulders again which stopped the babbling in my head and made me look up.

“Well, why don’t we take a break early and go out for dinner, my treat.” He smiled and looked at Sarah who was bouncing in her seat grinning away.

“Can I pick the restaurant?!” She said like a little kid

“Only if I can drive.” Ryan said with a very cute smirk on his face.

Sarah gasped and pouted and looked to the side thinking. I couldn’t help but laugh. Siblings, they reminded me of myself and Rhoswen only funnier.

“Fine, you can drive and I’ll choose the restaurant.” She grinned mischievously and winked at me. I laughed at Ryan’s face ‘cause knowing her she’ll probably pick the most expensive restaurant on the planet.

“Oh no, I don’t think so, I know your way of thinking sis and I definitely Know that grin of yours. Not to mention your favourite restaurant is hideously expensive. No. Mairead will decide.” Ryan grinned at me and came over to put his arm around me. Umm excuse me? Me? I thought.

“Um…no it’s ok, I’m quite alright with you guys deciding.” I really didn’t like getting in the middle of any siblings arguments.

“How about Swiss Chalet of somewhere like that?” Ryan asked as he looked down at me and smiled, he couldn’t of known that was my favourite place to eat.

“Sounds good to me! Isn’t that your favourite place to eat Mairead?” She asked giggling.

“Ok you guys really have to stop doing that! How did you-“ Ryan cut me off

“We know these things remember? Now come on lets go.” Ryan hugged me, took my hand and led me to the car. Ryan was such a gentleman and opened the door for me and let me have the front.

“Thanks...” I said blushing

“Anything for you my love” He smiled then got in. Why was he so amazing!

“Oh don’t worry about me I can open my door myself, no worries.” Sarah chimed in with a sarcastic tone in her voice. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Sorry sis, you can do it aha I’m not your slave.” He looked at me and rolled his eyes and I giggled and looked back at Sarah.

“Aww poor muffin.” I laughed “Come on, I still have homework to do and like I said I’m tired
“Don’t poor muffin me! I get enough of that from Ryan.” We all started laughing and joking on the way up to the restaurant.

For the first time in a week I felt relaxed and happy with not a care in the world. When I came home from Ireland I already started stressing about school, and then earlier today we were stressing about the darkness and powers and stuff like that. Now, we could just have a enjoyable and fun filled evening as just friends. No worrying about the darkness and no worrying about new powers...
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:41 am

Chapter 7

We arrived at the restaurant in no time. Well it seemed like no time ‘cause we were laughing and talking the whole time. The hostess showed us to a table, (happily it was a booth table). Sarah of course put me and Ryan on one side and herself on the other. The waitress came over and took our order which took no time because we all knew what we wanted to have so the waitress was gone in about five minutes.

“Okay, now that we’re done ordering I say that we put everything that happened today to the side and just have a normal fun dinner. Agreed?”

“Agreed!” Sarah said raising her glass of water. I turned towards Ryan.

“I’ll agree after I ask this one question.” He said grabbing my hand

“Ok…shoot” I asked with a puzzling look on my face.

“I know in the prophecy It says our team must be strong of three but…” He trailed off.

“But?” Sarah asked.

“But maybe…maybe you need to form a coven. There are a lot of people at school who have powers. They’re not that powerful, but the more power we have I think the greater success we’ll have…” He looked at me with hopeful eyes. I smiled back at him and was about to answer him when Sarah cut in.

“Ryan is right Mair. The more we have the better…” She looked at me then took a sip of her water. Were they right? Did I need more people on my team? But the prophecy said strong of three, so why would I need a coven. Ugh. I was so confused.

“Just trust us when we say, whether the darkness is a kitten or a dragon you’re going to need support, we’ll be your main two, but you’re going to need more power on your side.” Ryan said as he reached over and grabbed my hand again. I looked over at him and smiled. Just then our food came and we began eating.

There was no mention of the coven or the darkness, or my powers for the rest of the night. We mainly talked about our drama summative and what plays we got. Turns out that Sarah and Jared got Othello which was both their favourites. I couldn’t help but laugh, Othello was not one of my favourites by Shakespeare. Once we were done talking about that Sarah moved on to Jared, I looked over at Ryan who was just shaking his head and I couldn’t help but giggle. My hands were under the table while we were talking then I felt Ryan reach over and held my hand, I smiled at him and kept talking.

“So, I know we promised not to talk about anything to do with earlier but I was going to ask after we got our food but I kind of forgot. Who else at school is a witch?” I asked curiously. They were silent for a bit and shared a look, then Sarah turned to me.

“Well...see...we kind of don’t know really. I mean. We know that there are powerful people at the school but we need to be talking to the person to find out if they are or not, the only reason we could sense you were is because of how powerful you are and also the page in the book said ‘For Mairead’s eyes only’” Sarah said while getting out money for the tip.

“So you’re saying we won’t know who until they come up and talk to us?” I looked at both of them. This could take months, what if they don’t figure it out that we’re witch’s and not come up to talk to us?

“Don’t worry; they will come up in time. I’ve noticed a couple of students looking at us weird at lunch, like whether or not they wanted to talk to us. If they truly are witches or follow the craft, they’ll be able to tell by just your necklace.” He said picking it up and playing with it.

I looked up at him and smiled. I went to look down at my lap again when the sight of my new tattoo caught my eye. I gasped.

“My tattoo! What will my mother say! What will people at school say?” I started panicking, I hardly thought about what would happen tomorrow when I arrived at school with a lilac mark on my chest over my heart.

“Just calm down; one, your family will be fine with it, as long as you tell them how it happened. And two, just hide it tomorrow and then go and buy some cover up and cover it up when you want to wear a tank top or something.” Ryan squeezed my hand which made me a lot calmer.

“And if anyone says something at school if they find out I’ll kick there ass for you.” Sarah smiled big which made me giggle

“You two are right; I just need to calm down.” I looked down at my lap. I felt so stupid freaking out over nothing, well, almost nothing. “I just don’t want any more whispers than there already is...”I trailed off. Having the whole school find out that I’m ‘special’ will be worse than my whole family saying it, which they’ve been saying my whole life.

“We won’t let them.” Ryan took my chin and made me look at him. “You have us, and we won’t let anyone hurt you. I won’t let anyone hurt you.” He smiled at me and tapped my nose which made me laugh.

“Yeah, were a team now, which means it will be near impossible to get rid of us.” Sarah laughed and put her wallet back in her purse. Once Ryan paid we all left and went back to the car. The ride home was spent listening to the Wicked soundtrack which I found out was their favourite musical. I love having friends with very good musical taste. We pulled up to my house and Ryan came over and opened the door for me. He walked me up to the door and faced me.

“I’ll look after your books tonight and you can take them home tomorrow. Would you be able to come over after school tomorrow?” He asked reaching for my hands.

“That’s fine, I’m too tired to read anymore, I’m going to do my homework then go to bed, and yeah I’ll probably be able to, I just need to check it over with my parents…” I trailed off and started thinking over everything that happened. “Should I tell my parents about the prophecy and the darkness and my new tattoo and that I’m a great witch and I have stronger powerful powers?” I asked looking up into his eyes. Ryan was silent for a moment then finally spoke.

“Yes, but not tonight, I think we should wait till we know more about it, you can tell them you’re thinking of starting a coven, and I think you can tell your sister. Ask her if she wants to join and if she says yes...I think you should tell her.” Ryan said thinking.

“Yeah I think your right, she’s also a witch too, apparently not as powerful as me but still, I’ve seen her do a ritual. It’s pretty incredible.” I said smiling

“Not as incredible as you.” He ginned at me and stepped closer. We heard a honk and turned and looked over at the car. Sarah was already in the driver’s seat and tapping her watch.

“Come on love bird let the girl sleep, she’s had long day!” Sarah yelled from the car and honked again. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

“I guess you better go, I’ll see you tomorrow ” I turned to go into the house when Ryan grabbed my wrist spun me around and gave me a quick peck on the lips. I was shocked. He kissed me! My expression must of been funny cause he started laughing

“Good night my little Juliet.” He gave me a kiss on the forehead and walked back to the car. He blew me a kiss as Sarah drove away.

“Good night my Romeo...” I smiled to myself and started giggling. I opened the door and Rhoswen fell out. I screamed because I wasn’t expecting it. She got up and started laughing.

“Are you okay? What were you doing by the door. Why were you eavesdropping and how much did you hear?” I crossed my arms and stared at my sister. I was so not impressed.

“Aha well…you see…I heard a honk from outside and thought it might be Andrew dropping my bag off, so I decided to look out the window and saw you and that guy outside talking and just as I was about to leave cause I saw you about to come in, I saw him kiss you and, umm, yeah.” She giggled which slowly died ‘cause she saw my un-amused face. “Sorry…I didn’t mean to. So, who’s the booooy?” I rolled my eyes and walked past her but she caught my arm. “Come on sis spill!”

“Fine, He’s just this guy from my math and drama class. Okay?” I smiled to myself but turned away so Rhoswen didn’t see, but she wanted more details.

“Oh come on I need more detail! You never told me about any crushes when you were in Ireland-“ I cut her off.

“Because I didn’t have any. Do you not remember? All my classes were one on one.” I rolled my eyes. If you want gossip come up to my room in a bit, I have something I need to ask…well tell you…” I looked at her and I saw confusion in her eyes which she then rolled.

“Oh goddess Mair, what did you do now!” She grabbed onto my shoulders but I pushed them off.

“Nothing! Meet me up in my room in like five min, I want to get changed.” Without another word I ran up to my room and shut the door and got changed. Once I was in my PJ’s I flopped on my back on the bed and sighed. I could feel my face all hot and my heart racing. “Ryan…” I sighed. Just then the door knocked. “Come on in!”
“Hey sis, I brought up some hot chocolate.” Rhoswen was dressed in her pink plaid PJ pants and a hello kitty tank top, her hair was in a high messy bun and she was holding two mugs of hot chocolate. I took one of the mugs and put it on my bed side table.

“Thanks.” I said turning back to her.

“No problem. Now, tell me all of these details about this boy.” She said crossing her legs and staring at me like it was story time. So I told her about my day and how it started with him staring at me weird and how we got paired as partner’s etcetera, etcetera. Rhoswen’s mouth dropped more and more as the story went on. Once I was done Rhoswen Just stared at me.

“What?” I asked

“Damn girl, he must love you for all that to happen on the first day.” She giggled as she drank her hot chocolate. I was not amused and she noticed and began laughing. “Sorry, okay, and this second thing you needed to tell me?” I gulped and started fiddling with the comforter.

“Um…okay well, I told you they found out I was a witch…well, that’s because they are too. When I went over to their house they showed me book…the book of Wiccan prophecies.” Rhoswen gasped but I continued on “Anyways, turned out I was in it. There was a page added somehow to the back and the book and it said for ‘Mairead’s eyes only” Rhoswen interrupted me

“So wait, Ryan and Sarah couldn’t read it? What did does it say!” She started getting into panic mode and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m trying but you keep interrupting me.” Rhoswen made the zipping her lips shut action and threw away the invisible key. “Anyways, as I was saying, I looked at the page and the poem appeared. I wrote it down, here.” I handed her the prophecy and gave her time to read. I knew every time when she read darkness cause her face changed to a scared reaction fell on her face. She slowly lowered the paper and looked right at me. I have never seen my sister so scared in my life. She started hyperventilating a bit.

“Ohh no! Mairead! How…When!? I can’t believe this is happening! You don’t know anything about your new powers and nothing about the worst part and-.” I put my hands on her shoulders and shook them to snap out of her freaking out.

“Okay, one, calm down. You’re going to kill yourself if you keep hyperventilating. Two, like I told Sarah I have no clue as to when the darkness is going to come get Ryan, Sarah and myself and three, there’s more to the story…”

Rhoswen gulped “More?”

“Yes. Once we figured out the prophecy and what it meant I came back here to get all my books of shadows to see if anything happened when I was little, when I found this note on top of my most recent one.” I handed her the note bet kept going. “As soon as I found the note I ran back and told them. We decided we would all look through our books of shadows so I went with Ryan to get them. When we got back down to their study I felt huge pain in my chest and…got this.” I lifted my shirt down so she could see the tattoo. She gasped and looked at me.

“I’ve seen that mark before…” She got up and ran to her room. She ran back and sat down on my bed again and started flipping through the pages of her book, which I knew was her book of shadows. She gasped again and handed me the book. “Look…”

I took the book and saw the exact replica of my tattoo; it was even the same colour. “It’s…” Rhoswen interrupted me which was starting to get on my nerve.

“It’s your tattoo. I had a dream a couple days before you came about this girl who received the gift of the goddess and became the…the…” She was trying to figure something out…and I knew what that some was. So I finished her sentence.

“The great witch.” She was stunned I knew what it was called

“Yeah but how-” I cut her off

“How did I know? Easy, because that’s the next part of the story. I am the reincarnation…or blood relative…of the leader if the great witch.” I took my gaze away from her book and looked at my sister.

“What!?” Rhoswen screamed

“Shh! Mom and Dad can’t know! Everything I just told you, you have to keep on the DL okay?”

Rhoswen nodded and we just looked at each other for a long moment. I saw many things cross my sister’s face, confusion, hurt, anger, just to name a few. I knew this would happen, all I could really hope is that she understands how I am the great witch and that she’ll agree and join the coven.
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:44 am

Chapter 8

“So you’re telling me you’re the reincarnation of the leader of the great witches Marabeth? How is that possible, wouldn’t I also be a blood relative cause I’m your sister?”

“Yes…but there’s more to it than that, after this whole thing happened we started looking through our books of shadows and I found this entry, and before you say anything I don’t remember any of this.” I passed her my old book of shadows. I brought it home so I could read over the entry more carefully. Once she was done reading she handed it back.

“I still don’t understand it. Athena came to you and warned you? Why?” She asked with a puzzling look on her face.

“To protect me. I would have never been able to handle knowing that there was a darkness and a prophecy and all this stuff when I was little.”

“True, I guess that was smart of her. And you’re saying she ‘gave’ you the orb is that what is now your tattoo?” she asked pointing at picture in her book.

“Yes, it is. Now that last thing I needed to ask you was…because of this whole darkness thing. Ryan and Sarah suggested that I form a coven just so if anything major happens I have more support than two people. So they asked me to ask you, even though I was going to anyways.” I really hopped she said yes. I mean if my own sister said no, I might not have any chance in a coven.

“Hmm be in a coven with my little sister? Yeah I will! So we have four so far. That’s not bad.” Rhoswen looked over at the clock; it was nearly 11:30. “Wow it’s late. We better get to sleep. Night sis.” She came over and gave me a hug good night and went back to her room. I flopped back and hugged my pillow to my chest. I sent a small prayer to Athena hoping she would hear it.
“Athena…if you can hear me, I just wanted to say thank you for what you have given me. I’m going to do my best to make you proud.” I smiled to myself and slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

I was in a forest. It was day light and the sun was shining through the trees which were in bloom. I could tell right away that it was spring because of the flowers and the weather. It was so calm and peaceful and all I felt like doing was running. A small stone path appeared under my feet and went off into the distance in front of me. So I ran, freely and silently down the winding path. It felt like I was flying, barely touching the path. Then suddenly it stopped and I came to this clearing. Further off into the clearing there was a girl, I ran up to her to see if she was lost. The girl slowly turned around and looked at me. She was beautiful, long blonde hair big blue eyes and perfect features. She was slightly taller than me and thinner than me also. She was wearing a long black dress and no shoes.

“Are you lost?” I asked the girl, but she said nothing “Hello? Would you mind answering me?” Still nothing. “Okay then.” I turned around and started to walk away when the girl grabbed my arm so hard that I felt her nails digging into my arm. “Ow! Hey what’s you’re.” I stopped talking when I turned around, because I saw her real true self. She had a huge black aura around her and her eyes were no longer blue, they were cold icy black. “W-who are you!?” I tried moving away but she had me too tightly by the wrist.

“Who do you thhhink I am Mairead?” She sounded like a snake which sent shivers down my back.

“How do you know my name?” I shouted

“I’ve been watching you…Well more like my minions have been watching you…now do you know who I am?” She smiled and then laughed. I gasped

“The darkness…” I whispered
“That’sss right. And now I’m here to finish the job. Get rid of the great witch once and for all.” She dropped me and I tried to get up but she said a spell and forced me down on the ground. “Now my dear I wouldn’t try and struggle it will hurt more than it should.” She laughed again and took her index finger and pointed it to my tattoo.

“No! Leave me alone!” I shouted. I started struggling again. She pressed her finger to my tattoo and I felt pain. I felt all the magick being sucked out of me. I screamed. It was so painful. “NO! STOP!.” I looked down and I saw the lilac swirls of power being taken from my body “STOP!” I raised my hand and threw power at her. She screamed and fell back. I wasted no time getting up.

“You are powerful Mairead Cathal.” She looked down at her shoulder which was badly burnt from my magick. “But not as powerful as me!” She cupped her hands together and a red orb appeared.

“No…” I started walking back as she raised her hand. “NO!” I screamed

When I screamed in my dream I was screaming in reality. I sat up straight up in my bed all hot and sweaty and shaky from the dream. I was trembling so much I thought I would create my own earthquake. I looked around the room to make sure I was awake. I was in my room at home safe and sound. I guess my screaming wasn’t too loud because no one came into my room. I looked over at my clock.

“5:30? Ugh, it’s too late to go back to sleep now.” I reached over and turned on my lamp beside my bed. As soon as I turned it on my phone buzzed. I jumped and answered it.

Hey It’s Ryan,

I texted back

Hey, how did you get my number?

I waited till he texted back. A few seconds later my phone buzzed

Sarah gave me your number just in case of emergency and she somehow got it.

I rolled my eyes and wondered how she could have gotten it

Lol of course she did. Why are you up so late?

I looked over at my clock again while I waited for reply from Ryan it was 5:36. What was he doing up so early in the morning? The buzzing startled me again because I was zoning out.

I felt something wasn’t right. Are you ok?

It was really nice to see him concerned and it made me blush. I didn’t feel like texting the whole dream so instead I texted

Ya I’m fine. Just…I can’t really tell you over text. I’ll tell you later today kk?

Sarah will probably freak out when I tell her the dream, but I don’t know what Ryan will react like. I finally got his text after a little bit of a delay

OK see you later then. Text me if something happens <3

When I saw the heart I melted and blushed. He was so sweet! I texted back saying ok, closed my phone and sighed. I started thinking about the dream. “What does it mean?” I asked myself. “Could it really be true? Might it happen?” I rested my head on the head board and shook my head. “I can’t stress about this, because if I stress then Ryan might stress and Sarah will definitely stress. I have to keep my cool, which should be easy…I hope” I frowned and closed my eyes.

“Mair?” I opened my eyes and saw Rhoswen walk into my room.

“Yeah?” I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

“It’s seven time to get up.” She smiled and left. I did a quick stretch and got changed. I don’t even remember going to sleep again. I yawned and walked over to my closet. I grabbed my favourite pair of skinny jeans, purple off the shoulder tee and my black camisole. I quickly did my hair and make-up and ran downstairs.

“Morning sweetie! Did you have a good sleep?” My mom greeted me with a smile and a plate of pancakes.

“Umm…yeah I guess.” I smiled back, took the plate and sat down at the table.

“Must of, all I could hear coming from your room were snores. Sounded like a dragon was sleeping in your room.” Rhoswen laughed and I threw a grape at her.

“Hey you would know. It takes a dragon to know a dragon.” I laughed and she stuck her tongue out at me.

“Be nice you two. Better hurry up or you’ll be late for school.” My mom said walking over and pouring herself a coffee.

I looked at the clock it was 7:30. “Okay.” I finished my breakfast in a hurry and grabbed my bag. “I’m going over to Ryan and Sarah’s after school and I probably won’t be home for dinner. Bye!” I opened the door and ran right into Ryan and Sarah.

“Oh Good morning.” Ryan smiled

“What are you guys doing here” I asked puzzled

“Thought you might want a ride.” Sarah chimed in “That is, if your sister doesn’t mind.” Just then Rhoswen opened the door.

“Oh! Hi. You must be Ryan and Sarah.” Rhoswen shook their hands.\

“Yes we are. We were wondering if Mairead would like a ride to school.” Ryan winked at me and I blushed.

“Oh, yeah that’s no problem.” Rhoswen smiled at my blushing. “I’ll see you later sis.” Rhoswen walked over to her car and drove off to school.

“Shall we go?” Sarah said walking over and linking her arm with mine. I laughed

“Yeah, sure. Let’s go.” We walked over to the car and got in the back.

“Why aren’t you sitting up front with me?” Ryan asked a little sad.

“Oh well I thought I would let Sarah have the front seat seeing as she made such a fuss last night.” I went to step into the back when Sarah stopped me. She rolled her eyes and got in the back instead.

“You can have the front. It’s ok.” She smiled and closed the door and I got in the front beside Ryan and we took off to school.

The morning passed in a blur. I was too distracted; all I could concentrate on was the dream. It took Sarah throwing a paper ball at me to snap me out of my day dreaming.

“You ok? You’ve been out of it all morning.” I looked up from my work to look at Sarah. She looked so concerned about me.

“Umm…kind of. Something happened…I need to tell you and Ryan at lunch. I went back to my work which I was pretending to work on. Just then the bell rang. We walked into the caf. But I wasn’t hungry, so we just walked to our usual table where Ryan was already there saving us seats.

“Hey…no lunch today?” He asked pulling m seat out.
“No, I’m not very hungry today.” I said looking down.

“Are you sure you’re okay. You look exhausted and-“ Sarah stopped talking which made me look up. I saw Sarah was staring at someone so I followed her gaze. I recognized the girl, she was in my math and science class. She was very pretty, petite with long brown wavy hair that came to her waist. She had green eyes and a nice tan which was natural, not like the fake stuff preppy girls get in the winter. I’m pretty sure her name was Julia,

“Hey Julia how are you?” Ryan asked pleasantly

“I’m good.” She then turned to me. “Mairead mind if I talk to you for a second?” I was about to stand up when Sarah stopped me.

“Why don’t you sit with us? If you need to tell Mairead something ou can tell us also.” Sarah stood up walked over to the empty table beside us and grabbed Julia a chair.

“Thanks.” Julia sat down and put her books underneath her seat.

“So what’s up? What do you need to ask me?” I shifted my gaze from Julia to the twins. I could see by just reading their faces they knew what she wanted to say.

“Okay…well….I know you’re a witch. A really powerful one and I thought I should tell you that I am too… and I know you’re forming a coven and I’d like to join.” Julia finished in a rush. I was very relieved we had another person in the coven. I looked over at Ryan and Sarah and saw they were smiling. I turned back to Julia

“We accept. We would love for you to join. Do you know anyone else who practices Wicca, a witch, or who would be interested in learning?” I asked her.

“Yeah I do actually. Ethan, Michaela, Ashley, Jared, and I believe Shane also. Those are the only ones I can think of.” Julia said thinking. Sarah gasped and we all turned to look at her. “What? What did I say?” Julia asked puzzled.

“Jared, as in Jared in our drama class? Jared as in football player. That Jared?” Sarah said looking Julia right in the eye.

“Yeah. I know for a fact that he practices it ‘cause his older sister does and she got him into it.” Julia took a bite of her apple which she took out of her bag. I looked at the clock and saw we had seven minutes left.

“Okay here’s what we’ll do. Julia why don’t you talk to Michaela and Ashley. Ryan can talk to Ethan and Sarah can talk to Jared.” I said smiling. They all agreed.

“Okay then what?” Julia asked packing up her stuff.

“Tell them to meet us outside after school and I’ll let them know what’s going on. Ryan would we all be able to come over after school and talk?” We all had to get together and let everyone know what’s going on.

“Yeah, I think that’s a good idea. I have no problem with it.” Ryan grinned at me.

“Perfect. We better go. Don’t want to be late.” Sarah, Julia and myself went to Science while listening to Defying Gravity Glee’s version over the P.A while Ryan went off to his next class. I then thought about being the leader of my own coven and I started to get more and more nervous!
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Chapter 9

“Hey you never were able to tell us what happened? Are you okay?” Sarah asked after we were done taking the note in science. Julia, Sarah and myself were all in the back corner talking.

“What? What did I miss?” Julia asked looking up from her notes.

“Well…a lot. I really need to talk to you all in drama, because you all need to know.” I looked down

“Need to know what?” Sarah asked putting her hand on my arm. I gave her a small smile which faded when I remembered the dream.

“I…I had a dream last night.” I finished in a rush.

“What about?” Julia asked moving her chair closer so I wouldn’t have to talk to loudly. I moved closer and the other two mimicked my move so our heads were almost touching.

“The darkness.” I whispered. Then the bell rang. Sarah’s mouth dropped and she had a dumbstruck look on her face. “Come on…I’ll explain it in drama.”

“Wait. What darkness? What’s going on?” I suddenly remembered that I hadn’t filled Julia in about what was going on.

“Like I said I’ll explain it all in drama.” I finished packing my things up into my back pack and we headed off to Drama.

We walked to drama in silence, Sarah looked horrified and Julia looked and was confused. When we entered drama we saw Ryan was chatting casually to Jared. When he took noticed we arrived in the class he gave Ryan props then walked back to his seat and winked at Sarah, but she didn’t notice

“Woah! What happened to you Sarah? I looks like you’ve just seen a ghost…are you ok.” He stood up to look at his sister than looked down at me. “What happened?” He went all serious which was a side of him I hadn’t seen yet. It kind of scared me.

“Mairead had a dream about the darkness…” Sarah sat down and just stared at me.

“What! What happened?” Ryan wasted no time grabbing his chair and pulling it closer to me. We had a substitute in class so we asked if we could work outside the class room in the cafeteria, the teacher agreed and the four of us went out and sat in our seats. “Well?” Ryan asked while being concerned and serious at the same time. I took a deep breath and told them everything.

“Then I shot my power at her but seemed to do nothing ‘cause she created a ball of her power and was about to throw it at me and I think she killed me…” I trailed off and looked down at my lap. It was completely silent. No one said anything. Not a word. “Someone please say something.” I looked at all of them

“Oh” Sarah said with her mouth wide open

“My” Julia mimicked

“Goddess” Ryan also mimicked the other two’s reaction which surprised me. I rolled m eyes and shook my head.

“Look, it could have been a dream or just my imagination playing tricks on me for all I know. I don’t know what’s going on or what’s happening but it’s starting to freak the hell out of me!” I put my head down on my arms which were on the table. I felt someone rub my back and turned to see Ryan rubbing my back. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“Look, were going to figure this out okay? If the dream is a vision and could very well happen? I promise you I will do whatever I can to protect you. Even if it means I get hurt.” He looked straight into my eyes. I couldn’t allow him to try and protect me and wound up getting hurt. I couldn’t stand that.

“No you won’t. I can’t have any of you getting hurt. This is what we’re going to do. After school we’re going to meet outside the school and we’re going to tell everyone what’s going on. Then we’re going back to your two’s houses and we’re going to have our first meeting as a coven. Okay?” I looked at the three of them and they all nodded in agreement. Just then the bell rang and we all went to our lockers.

“Do you really think they’ll agree to come back to our house for the meeting?” Sarah asked after we finished putting our books away.

“Maybe. They have to, well should. I mean, we’re all alike. Except for me…the freak.” I looked down at the ground and thought about how everyone will be normal and then there will be me the ‘special’ one.

“Mair that’s not true! You are not a freak. You unique, fun, and I hate to say it but special. Your powers-“ A couple girls arrived at their lockers across the hall so she looked at them, took a step closer to me and lowered her voice “Your powers are nothing to be ashamed of. There what makes you, you. And you can’t run from yourself.” I looked at her and knew she was right.

“You’re right.” I smiled and waved at Julia who came running down the hall. She almost ran into Sarah and was slightly out of breath.

“They all said yes! They’re waiting for us outside. Come on!” Sarah and I looked at each other and smiled. We grabbed our bags and headed to the foyer. When we got outside we saw everyone sitting on grass chatting and laughing away. When Ryan noticed we arrived he came over took my hand and lead me to the group all the while Sarah and Julia giggling behind me.

“Great. Now that we’re all here, we can start. M take it away.” M? I thought I giggled to myself. New nickname for me, I loved it. I looked around and they were all staring at me, which made me slightly nervous. I gulped then cleared my throat and smiled.

“Hey everyone.” The all greeted me back. “I’m so glad you all agreed to come here and meet after school. There are a few things that I need to inform you all. One is as you all are aware, I think, I am indeed a witch.” Ashley and Michaela whispered something to each other and I kept going. “Two I’m forming a coven and I would like all of you to join.” It was silent for a few moments. I looked around at the group waiting for a response. Julia stepped up beside me and I smiled at her.

“I’m already in.” She smiled back at me and looked at the rest of the group.

“So is Ryan and myself.” Sarah stepped up beside Julia and leaned over to looked at me. I smiled widely at her. I was so glad to have her as a best friend.

“Well if Julia is in then I’m in.” Ethan stood up and winked at Julia, which made her giggle and look away. Huh, so there was something going on between the two of them.

“And if Sarah is in then hells yeah I’m in.” Jared stood up and I heard Sarah say yay. Ashley was the next to stand up. I didn’t really know her. I recognized her from English. She was average height, and had light brown hair with blond streaks and had baby blue eyes. She wore glasses which were read with black stripes. She was really pretty but had lots of piercings. Three on each ear, her right cartilage pierced, as well as her belly button and nose pierced. She wore a pink tank top with a jeweled heart with an arrow through it that came right above her belly button, and tight skinny jeans.

“I’m in. I think it’s a brilliant plan that a coven is being formed, ‘bout time too. Should have happened back in grade nine.” Ashley looked at Sarah and I’m pretty sure I saw a hint of anger in her eye.

“Now guys I was not fighting or arguments in this coven okay? If you agree to join then you agree to work together and be a team okay? I don’t want any fights, arguments or little spats. Got it?” Everyone nodded their head and agreed. Shane was next to stand up. I haven’t actually met him yet, he wasn’t in any of my classes. He was tall and handsome in the mysterious kind of way. He also wore glasses which were the regular wire rectangular frames type. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt which was blue and had 2 thin yellow lines at the top.

“I agree with my baby. We need a coven and I think it’s cool you all are forming it.” He stood behind Ashley and wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek. Michaela stood up and walked beside Ashley. Michaela was about average height she had strawberry blond hair that was short at the back and long at the front. She had baby blue eyes and was wearing a plad skirt and a t-shirt with a rose on it.

“And I’m going where ever my twin goes.” I was confused at first because Ashley and Michaela looked nothing alike but when you looked closer you could see they were definitely twins. Shane was the last to stand up. He was tall, most likely a basketball player. He had scruffy brown hair and green eyes.

“I’m in.” That’s all he would say. He was definitely shy which was cute and also odd that such a tall guy was shy.

“Great! We have our coven. We’re walking over to Sarah and Ryan’s house now for our first meeting, can everyone make it?” I looked at everyone and they all nodded yes. “Perfect let’s get going” Ryan Sarah and I started walking and I heard everyone behind me.

“Wait!” I recognized to voice to be Ashley’s I turned around and saw she was still standing where we all were. We all looked at her waiting for her to ask her question or make her statement or whatever. She walked right through everyone and up to me. “Why are you forming a coven…you never really did say. And I’d like to know why.” She looked me right in the eyes and held my gaze intensely. I looked at the group who were all looking at me. The last people I looked at were Ryan and Sarah and gave them a look asking what to do. Sarah shrugged but Ryan nodded his head which I knew meant that I should tell them.

“Okay. Part of the reason that I asked you guys to form a coven is because it would be nice to have our very own coven. But the main part is…” I looked down. Should I really tell them? Will they run out on me? Will they not be able to handle it? Or will they understand and stick but me. I hoped that would be the outcome. I looked up and saw Ryan walk towards me. He took my hand and whispered in my ear.

“Keep going, don’t worry. Nothing you can say can tear this coven apart. They are with you every step of the way and won’t let you down.” He looked down and smiled at me and I smiled back. He stepped beside me. I took a deep breath and continued

“The second part is…there is this darkness that wants to well kill us well mostly me cause I’m the reincarnation of the great witch Marabeth and we decided we needed to form a coven so we have backup power to defeat the darkness.” I pulled my shirt down so everyone could see the lilac tattoo. Everyone gasped and their mouths dropped. I looked at all their faces very carefully. They were in disbelief. They either couldn’t believe what I had just told them and that I was a reincarnation of the great witch, or they believed every word I had just told them and they couldn’t believe what they had just got themselves into. Either way, things for them were about to get very complicated.
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Chapter 10

We arrived at Ryan and Sarah’s house in no time. Everyone was downstairs in the study and Ryan, Sarah, Julia and myself were in the kitchen discussing what we were going to do and how we were going to do this.

“So what are going to do? Now that they know, we have to show them the prophecy and tell them your dream. Right?” Sarah asked jumping up on the counter beside me.

“And then what? We send everyone home and say thanks for dropping by?” Julia asked walking out of the bathroom

“No, we’re not just going to send everyone home. We’re going to tell them the prophecy and what it means then we’re going to tell them the dream and tell them that we need their support big time.” I looked down at my glass of ice tea and started rotating my glass.

“Then what?” Sarah asked as she grabbed one of the bags of Tostitos on the counter.

“Then we’re going to perform a ritual.” I said looking up. Everyone stared at me. “What? Is a coven nowadays not allowed to do rituals?”

“No, we are allowed but do you think we’re ready? I mean we just formed it.” Ryan said walking up to stand in front of me.

“Yes. I’m sure we are. Do you guys trust me?” They all nodded. “Well good. Let’s go down and explain this mess to everyone.

I finished telling about the prophecy and what we thought it all meant. Then I began talking about the dream.
“And then she threw her power at me and possibly killed me. I think.” I looked at the room and saw everyone’s faces in disbelief. I knew they couldn’t possible believe me, I mean, it sounded like I was crazy and was just rambling on about a fairy tale. But this was no fairy tale. It was actually happening. I sat down on the love seat beside Ryan who put his arm around me. I just sat and waited for everyone to come to their senses and find their voices to speak again.

“Okay…This is quite a lot to take in, but what do we have to do with this. The prophecy said three, why do you need all of us?” Ashley said opening another can of Pepsi

“We need all of you because we don’t know how powerful this darkness is and how strong our powers are.” Sarah said standing up. I decided to cut in before she continued on.

“And we need back up power guys. I need you behind us. What if the dream does happen and I’m alone and the two of them can’t help me? I’ll need you guys. Not to mention we need to have a coven…It feels natural. Don’t you all think?” Everyone was silent and looked at each other and they all started to nod. “Good. Now, does anyone have any questions?” I looked around at everyone and no one raised their hand or say something so I was about to go on when I saw Michaela’s hand slowly go up. “Yes, Michaela, question?” She nodded and timidly stood up

“Umm…don’t we need a coven name or something? I mean we can’t go around casting circles without a coven name.” She looked at me and I started smiling.

“Yes, you are correct. Thank you for brining that up. Why don’t we all just say ideas until we found the one we all like?” Does that sound good?” Everyone nodded and started thinking.

“How about Fire burners or darkness conquers.” Jared suggested. Sarah rolled her eyes and I giggled.

“Way too long. It needs to be short and sweet.” Sarah said as she began pacing.

“I liked Fire Burners” Jared mumbled. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“What if it was something really pretty but fierce at the same time. Like…Starfire.” Sarah suggested

“I like that one, I believe Starfire is on the table? Any other suggestions?” I said writing it down on the piece of paper.

“How about Darkness Killers.” Shane suggested

“Or Light defenders, cause you know light is the opposite of darkness?” Ethan suggested and looking at Julia giving her an I’m so smart smile. I just rolled my eyes and tried to listen to all the suggestions that were now being shouted out. Some of them were pretty good and unique. Others were, well, not so good and not so creative. We had about 10 on the list and I was about to say that’s it when I heard one name that sparked something in me.

“How about Celtica…” Julia suggested quietly. Everyone stopped arguing and looked at her. I started walking towards her.

“What did you say?” I asked curiously

“How about Celtica?” She repeated as she stood up. We just looked at each other for a while. What was it about this name that stuck me so deep. I’ve never heard it before and I’m sure it was just a name she created, but it sounded so familiar. Where have I heard it before? Then it clicked. I gasped and ran to the table that still had all our book of shadows on it.

“What?...Mairead what are you looking for.” Julia asked. She looked at Ryan but he just shrugged. I ignored her question and just kept looking through. I remembered writing this entry because I wrote it not long back. Probably back when I was 14. When I found it I smiled
“Yes here it is!” I looked up from the book to see everyone’s faces in confusion. “Oh…Right. See a couple years ago I had a dream. And….now that I re read the entry, it’s the exact same as the legend. Ryan, was it ever mentioned what the great witches coven name was?” I asked looking at him, who was now standing beside me.

“No. Not that I can re-call. Grandma never told us their coven name. I don’t even know if they had one.” Ryan confessed

“They did.” Sarah said matter-of-factly. “But I too don’t know what the name was.” She said looking down.

“It’s fine. Check this out.” I flipped one page back to the start of the entry and began to read.

August 11 2006

I had a dream last night. It was very strange but in a good way. I felt like I’ve either had the dream before or I was there when it happened which is impossible because I could tell it took place many years ago. Anyways here’s what happened. It was in a field and there were three of us, myself and two others, standing together around a fire. I heard the other girl speak and say we needed to come up with a name fast before the darkness reaches us. I wasn’t sure what darkness they spoke of. The guy that was standing next to us suggested Starfighters or Starfire. I didn’t like it, I don’t know why though. Then I came up with it. Celtica. It was perfect and the others agreed. We then formed the great witches secret coven Celtica that only the three of us would be in it. I don’t know what it is about that name but it sounds so enchanting and I love it. I don’t remember the rest of the dream. It’s a real shame though, I felt so at home in that dream. Like I physically knew the other two people. I must go, Grandma would not be impressed if she found out I was skipping out on my practice. Blessed be.

~Wickura

“That’s where I’ve heard about that name before, because of my dream. But how did you know about it Julia?” I asked her. I was very puzzled on how she knew about the name.

“I-I don’t know. It just suddenly was there in my mind. I’ve felt like I’ve known about it all my life. Actually now that I think about a lot of this seems very familiar. The entry, the prophecy, the tattoo, the name…” She trailed off thinking. I started thinking too. How was all of this all familiar to her? Then I remembered why everyone was here.

“We can figure all that out later tonight, right now we have to finalize on the coven name. Who’s in favour of Celtica?” Everyone raised their hands. “Perfect, then it’s settled. Welcome one and all to our coven, our circle, our new home. Celtica!” Everyone started clapping. I couldn’t help but smile. I was so happy because here I was yesterday scared stiff and worried about fitting in. I was worried about meeting people and going to a regular high school. Today I have new friends a coven, I find out that I’m the reincarnation of Marabeth the leader of ‘The Great Witch Clan’ which I found that out yesterday. Not to mention I may have some cool unknown powers which were exciting yet a bit frightening at the same time. Things were going great!

“Soooo, why else are we here. It couldn’t just to create a name is it?” Ashley asked while snuggling up to Shane.

“Well that was one reason, another was to tell you about the prophecy and dream I had last night and also the other reason was…Maybe we could have a circle tonight?” I looked around the room and everyone’s faces started lighting up.

“I think that’s a fantastic idea Mairead!” Rhoswen said jumping up and giving me a hug. “And I assume you will be leading it?” She gave me her encouraging sisterly smile and I smiled back.

“Well, only if everyone wants me too.” I looked at everyone.
“All those in favour of Mairead leading the circle?” Rhoswen looked at everyone.

“Yes!” Sarah shouted then giggled.

“Yeah! This is gonna be awesome!” Julia smiled at me and I smiled back.

“Definitely, I know you’re gonna do a great job.” Ashley encouraged me. Everyone else said yes and nodded their heads. Ryan was the last one to make his opinion. He walked over to me and looked at me for a second then bent down to whisper in my ear.

“I know I would be completely honored to have someone of you power and leadership skills could lead the circle and I will be beside you a hundred percent.” He stood up straight and smiled at me which immediately made me smile back.

“Then it’s settled. Mairead, you’re now the leader of Celtica and will be leading our circle tonight!” My sister gave me a big hug and I heard a lot of yay’s and claps from everyone. I suddenly felt ready and more confident than ever. I then remembered that I still needed a ritual we could do tonight. I started thing quickly out of all the ones I’ve learned over the years as well as thinking if it was a full moon tonight. I remembered yes it was and I had a perfect ritual to do tonight.

“Okay then, I guess we’re ready to get started. Before we do though I need chalk and come salt please. Sarah do you think you could get them?” looked at her and saw she was one step ahead of me.

“Already covered. It’s not my first circle you know.” She laughed then walked to the left side of me. Everyone started gathering in a circle. I had Ryan on my right then beside him was Julia then Ethan then Ashley, Shane, Michaela, Rhoswen, Jared, and then Sarah was on my left. I turned to her and asked her to draw the circle. Once she got close to finishing I asked everyone to get in, then I got in and finished drawing it. I then got the bowl of salt and started purifying the circle. Once I was done I set the bowl down and looked at everyone.

“What now?” I heard Michaela ask very curiously. I took one more gaze around the circle and smiled at everyone.

“Now.” I paused and took a deep breath in then exhaled and smiled. “We begin.”
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Chapter 11

“Okay, so tonight is a full moon and I remembered from my studies some full moon rituals and I thought of the perfect one.” I smiled at everyone and the smiled back. “Welcome one and all, to our first ritual as the coven Celtica. Tonight is a magickal night, it is the first night as one group and the first night as one coven. Tonight we offer our thanks to the goddess for bringing us together.” I took a deep breath in and began to read the poem as we started walking clockwise around the circle.

"Lady Moon bright and serene,
Shining with the bounty of the Mother,
Look down on us your Children of the Earth.
Come, light of the Goddess,
Fill us with your power.
Lend us your blessings,
Let your light surround us.
Impart to us your light and blessing.
Your love and grace, surround us.
Surround us Goddess,
Surround us with your love."

“At this point in time if you’d wish to send a silent request to the goddess you may do so now.” I watched everyone one by one close their eyes and I could tell they were sending something to their goddess and it made me smile. After about a minute they began opening their eyes and I continued on with the request from the coven as a whole.

"Power blessed to us by the Goddess,
rise in us for healing,
to replenish and renew our being
Power blessed to me by the Goddess,
Surround me with strength.
By the power of the Goddess,
So mote it be."

I took a couple deep breaths and waited a moment before saying the final verse. I looked at everyone in the circle. They all had their eyes closed again and was smiling. I was really proud on how well it was going so far. I looked at Ryan and saw he was smiling at me. I smiled back and finished the ritual

"Goddess and Spirits,
You have heard our voices,
and our Craft has been completed.
Depart with our thanks and our love,
as we eat these cakes to replenish our bodies,
and this water which shall cleans our souls.
By the power of the Goddess and Spirits,
This Circle is undone but not broken,
So mote it be."

I suddenly felt a burst of power and I knew Sarah and Ryan felt it too because they both looked at me with questioning eyes. I wasn’t sure what it was, if it was my powers or Athena really answering the ritual. I looked around the circle and everyone was now looking at me “Thank you all for being here on this magickal evening. Blessed be everyone. Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again.” Everyone repeated my last too sentences and we all let go of our hands. Suddenly Julia fell to her knees grasping the back of her neck. I ran over to her. Sarah and Ryan were right behind me.

“Julia are you okay?” Sarah asked. I saw Ethan walk over and kneel beside Julia

“Is your birthmark hurting again Hun?” Ethan asked rubbing her back. I was confused, birthmark? Again?

“What do you mean? What birthmark? And what do you mean again?” I confusedly asked.
Julia looked up a me then moved her head from side to side like she was trying to get a kink out of her neck. She rubbed it again then got up before answering me. “The birthmark I’ve had since, well, when I was born, but only recently has it been hurting.” She stumbled a bit but Ethan caught her and set her in the chair. I sat next to her on the arm of the chair.

“How has it been hurting?” Ashley asked.

“Well at first I just started getting neck pains, you know, the kinds you get when you sleep in a funny position. But then all of a sudden it went from neck pains to the actual mark hurting it’s self. It felt like it was on fire and burning my neck it was so painful. It went back to just the neck pain but now it’s burning again, and really badly now.” She said still rubbing her neck. I didn’t realize Ethan disappeared until I saw him come downstairs with a glass of water and some aspirin. “Thanks” She said taking the glass and the aspirin from him.

“When did the neck pains start?” Michaela asked. She pulled a chair out from near the table and came to sit closer to us.

“Hmm, I would say around three weeks ago. So end of october.” She took the aspirins and swallowed them, then drank the rest of the water. I started wondering why the end of October seemed distinctly familiar.

“When did the burning start?” I asked curiously

“Last week. On the thirteenth. Funnily enough that was a Friday.” She giggled and I heard a couple of giggles behind me. There was something about the thirteenth that was familiar too. But I couldn’t put my finger on it.

“Hey! Wasn’t the thirteenth when the prophecy page appeared?” Sarah asked looking at Ryan.

“Yeah…?” He trailed off and paused. I looked at him and saw he was heavily in thought. His head then snapped up and looked at me.

“Mairead, when did you find out you were moving back here?” He asked as he walked over to me. I was confused by his question but still answered him.

“Umm…” I started thinking and counting back the weeks. “Three weeks ago, on the twenty-fifth….” I trailed off again. Everything started piecing together.

“Okay, and when did you actually arrive here?” Ryan asked. He was now standing right beside me.

“On the thirteenth…” As soon as I said the day my mouth dropped. I couldn’t believe everything was piecing together. “The same day you mark started burning Julia. And that’s also the day-“ Ryan interrupted me.

“That was the same day Sarah and I felt something powerful was coming, and also the same day the prophecy page apeard.” Ryan said grinning

“So hold on. You’re saying Julia’s mark somehow knew Mairead was coming? How?” I heard Shane ask behind me. I started thinking. That was a very god question. Her neck started hurting when I was told I would be moving back, it started burning when I arrived here and then it started burning again tonight. What could it mean? I thought to myself.

“That’s not all…” Julia trailed off. We all turned to look at her. “My mark started hurting again…the day you arrived at school….” She looked up at me. Now I was really confused.

“What? How? Are you saying that every time your close to her it hurts?” Jared asked. He’d been awfully silent. I turned to look at him and say him sitting close to Sarah.

“No. It was fine earlier today when we were talking in the caf and when we were talking in science and drama. It was only after the ritual it started burning again.”

“This is so bizarre…” Ethan said rubbing his chin.

“Yes…very…” Ryan said mimicking Ethan’s actions. Only instead of sitting, he was pacing again. Okay, I thought to myself. You find out that your coming back to Canada and Julia’s neck starts hurting. You arrive in Canada and her mark starts burning, on the same day the prophecy appeared. Then it starts burning again on the day you arrive at school, and then now after the ritual. It must be connected to me somehow, I thought. I gasped and everyone’s head snapped in my direction.

“Julia, where is the mark. Is it visible?” I asked questionably. Julia gave me an odd look but then nodded

“Yes? It’s just on the back of my neck. Why do you ask?” She said puzzled.

“Mind if I take a look at it?” I asked. “I think I know why everything is connected link by link.”

“Sure.” She moved her hair over and in front of her right shoulder. I walked around so I could look at it. When I saw it I knew right away what it was and I gasped again. There on the back of her neck was a little owl shaped mark with its head tilted to the side and an olive branch next to its head. I immediately started smiling.

“Shane, on the table there, there is a book on different marks of the gods and goddesses. Can you please pass it over?” He nodded and threw the book over to me. I flipped to the goddess section until I found what I was looking for. I walked around so I was now standing in front of her.

“What? What did you find?” She asked worriedly, excited and nervous all at the same time. I couldn’t help but laugh. This was nothing to be nervous about.

“Don’t worry. Everything is fine. I just found why all of these things that happened are connected.” I said smiling.

“Well?” She said impatiently. “Why?”

I laughed again and handed her the book. “Here” I gave it too her and she took it and looked at it. She gasped and looked at me.

“Is-Is that…?” She trailed off. I smiled and nodded.

“Yes. It is.” I said

“What is what? I’m so confused.” Jared go up to see what was going on. Julia handed the book back to me and I flipped it around so everyone could see. I then asked Julia to turn around so everyone could see the two together. I heard Ryan and Sarah gasp.

“This” I pointed at the picture in the book. “Is the mark of Athena. Which means-“ Ryan interrupted me…again”

“Which means your connected to Athena somehow.” He said amazed.

“Not totally” I said smiling. “Not only is she connected to her. She’s the reincarnation of Athena herself.” Everyone’s mouths dropped as they looked at the two together. Things we’re starting to become more clearer. And I loved it.
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:05 am

Chapter 12
“What?!” Michaela squeaked.”How? Why?” She ran up to Julia. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I had no clue it was the mark of Athena! Honestly I would of told you if I knew but I didn’t!” She reassured her.

“Okay…so what does this mean? Why is Julia the reincarnation of Athena? What does it mean?” Ashley asked.

“Well that’s something we’re gonna have to figure out won’t we?” I said looking at everyone.

“I say we figure it out later. I’m exhausted, and I still have a project to work on. Can we continue this tomorrow or some other day?” Ashley asked.

“Yeah, I think that’s a good idea. We’ll talk tomorrow at lunch. Thanks again for coming tonight.” I smiled at everyone and they smiled back. Half hour later all that was left was Ryan, Sarah, Myself and Julia.

“Wow what a night huh?” Ryan said coming over and putting his arm around me. “Excellent job on the circle tonight Hun.” I looked at him and smiled.

“Thanks. I’m so happy on how well it went. I was so worried that something would go wrong or I would screw up royally.” I confessed

“Really?” Sarah asked surprised “Why? You’re the reincarnation of Marabeth, the leader of the great witch clan. How could you screw up royally? Not possible.” She looked at me and smiled. Sarah and Ryan were so supportive and it was nice to have. I loved having them as friends.

“Thanks. Like I said I’m glad it went well tonight. Now on to the big news, Julia the reincarnation of Athena!” I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back at me and shrugged.

“It’s no big deal you know.” Sarah’s mouth dropped.

“Not a big deal? Not a big deal! Of course this is a big deal!” She said running up and kneeling in front of her. “You’re the reincarnation of Athena! How is that not a big deal?”

“I don’t know. I mean I don’t feel any more special, and nothing interesting has happened yet.” Julia went to grab her cell out of her purse but something fell out as well. It was a small piece of cloth that was weaved. It was a sky blue as the back ground with a darker blue on the inside that looked like it spelled something. She bent down to pick it up and put it back in her purse when I stooped her.

“Hey Julia what is that?” I asked curiously. She looked down at the cloth and then gasped, like she forgot something and remembered it.

“That’s right! I needed to show you this. One of the things I’m really good at is weaving. I’ve been doing it since I was little. Anyways I was sitting in my room last week and it was like something told me to weave. So I got my weaving supplies and made the cloth and then I embroidered this on it.” She handed me the cloth and I studied it. Then I saw the message on it. It said Help her, and at the bottom of the message was the symbol of Athena.

“Wait you said you made it? It’s amazing!” Sarah walked over to look at it and Ryan was close behind. I didn’t realize when Sarah took the cloth from me, my mind was still wrapped around the messaged.

“It’s very well done. The stitching is so tight and intricate.” Ryan looked over at me. “Mair, are you okay?” He walked over and sat beside me.

“I’m not sure…” I trailed off.

“What’s wrong? Did I do something bad? Was I not supposed to show you the cloth?” Julia started getting a bit panicky

“No, I’m glad you did. I’m just…thinking.”

“Of what?” Sarah asked puzzled. I didn’t hear Sarah, I was trying to remember my years of studies and what I’ve learned about the goddess. Then I remembered my book on the gods and goddess that I showed Julia earlier.

“Julia can you pass me the-“Julia’s gasp cut me off. “What?”

“Oh my god I just remembered something! I can’t believe I didn’t make the connection before!” She searched her bag until she found what she was looking for. She pulled out a medium sized black soft leather cover book, which I figured was her book of shadows. “I’ve had the same book of shadows since I was about eight. That’s when my mom told me to start writing stuff down. Spells, rituals, dreams stuff like that. Not a week after I got it I had a dream and I wrote it down, which you really need to see.” She handed me the book and I read the entry

May 18 2002
I went to go lay down for a nap after school because I wasn’t feeling so good and I had a really weird dream. I was in a bedroom but it was not my own, and there was a girl my age at her altar. She then turned around and I started to speak but it wasn’t my voice, I wasn’t in my own body. I was telling her not to be afraid and that everything was ok. I somehow new her name, Mairead Cathal, and I said that she had a great power or something. Then I gave her a lilac coloured orb. That’s when I woke up. What does it mean?
~Lilica

I was now blown away. Her dream was what actually happened to me, and in her dream her perspective was Athena’s. “Do you know what this means? This means you’re the actual reincarnation of Athena, this clearly shows it.” I said excitedly “Your dream was in the perspective of Athena, and you wrote down the entry the same day it happened to me and when I wrote mine too.”

“This is unbelievable!” Sarah said amazed

“This is! I’ve never heard of anyone being the reincarnation of a God or Goddess. This truly is unbelievable!” Ryan said grinning.

“But how? I’m in no way, shape, or form related to any Goddess. So why would she pick me? And how is it possible…Goddesses can’t die?” Julia said amazed and confused.

“I have no idea. But I’m sure we’ll find out sooner or later.” Ryan smiled then looked at me “What do you think of this whole thing.” He moved a strand of hair away from my face.

“I think it’s amazing! I mean who knew one of our friends is a reincarnation of a Goddess. Amazing” I smiled “Now, we should start planning what we’re gonna do later on.”

“Like figuring out your powers.” Sarah said

“Yes. But how are we gonna figure out my…” I trailed off and looked at every ones faces, mouths hanging open. “What? What did I say?”

“Y-Your hands!” Sarah exclaimed

“They’re…”Julia trailed off

“Glowing….” Ryan finished for Sarah

“Huh?” I had no clue what they were talking about until I looked down at my hands, my mouth dropped. They were glowing, well more like there was a medium sized lilac orb with lighter swirls inside it swirling around in my right hand. I hesitantly took my left hand to touch it. It was warm and magickal. I couldn’t help but giggle to myself. We had discovered one of my powers. “It’s beautiful…” I said memorized

“Yes you are…” Ryan mumbled

“What?” I asked shifting my gaze from the orb to Ryan’s bright red face.

“I mean, it is.” He quickly looked away and I silently giggled to myself. He was so cute.

“This is amazing Mair, we figured out some of your powers! Orbs!” Sarah said smiling big.

“I wonder what you could do with it.” Julia asked

“Hmm…good question…should we find out?” I asked

“I think so, but how?” Sarah asked puzzled

“Here…” Ryan got up to get something. He came back with a vase. I looked at him puzzled “Don’t worry I got this from the dollar store.” He put it on the table that was across the room and then came back to sit beside me. “See if you can break it.” I looked at him shocked.

“What!? I can’t break a vase!”

“Just try Mair” Sarah encouraged me

I sighed "Swear I won't get in trouble if I break it?" I crossed my arms and looked at her

"Promise, now go on! Break it!" She smiled and stood behind me. I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes

"Concentrate" I said to myself. I raised my hand so my palm was facing the vase. I pictured the purple orb appearing in my hand and shooting from it to the vase and it shattering. All was quiet as I focused all my energy into the thought of it breaking. Suddenly I heard a crack and felt something leave my hand, not a moment later I heard the framiliar sound of glass breaking and the twins and Julia's gasp right after. I opened my eyes and saw the shattered glass that once was a vase. My mouth dropped in shock "D-Did I...." I trailed off I couldn't speak.

"Just shatter it? Yes you did." Ryan swiveled me around to look at me. He was beaming away. "Unbelievable" He said again smiling

"This is awesome Mair! We've discovered one of your powers!" Sarah came up and hugged me

"Talk about exciting!" Julia chimed in. I was still in shock. I actually had powers...powers I thought were made up in books and fairytale. But now I discovered they were true, and I wasn't sure whether I was dreaming it or it was actually happening. Either way, I knew I could discover more of my powers and we would be ready for the darkness.

"I say a celebration is in order, cookies anyone?" Sarah smiled

"Ugh, must we always celebrate sis" Ryan rolled his eyes and looked at Sarah

"Yes! What's wrong with celebrating?" She giggled. Sarah and I were just about to go up stairs when the power when off. "Shoot! I can't see...Ryan can you go get the...what the hell!" She said in the highest voice I've seen her reach

"What? What's going on?" I said a little frantic. At the point I noticed my finger felt warm, almost hot, like it was near a flame. I looked at it and saw it was glowing a red/orange glow "What the..." The lights flickered back on "That was so weird..." I looked down at my hands "What was that?" Ryan had a puzzling look on his face then went over and grabbed one of the books on the table and flipped through it. He then looked up at me.

"Have you've ever been connected to an element at all? Water? Air? Earth? Fire? or even Spirt?" I started thinking then my eyes widened.

"Now that you mentioned it, ever since I can remember I've always had a connection to fire. When I was little I remember seeing a candle and being fascinated by it, I went to touch it and it got bigger. After than my grandparents kept all sort of flames away from me.

"Huh." Ryan exclaimed and looked back down at the book. A few moments later he shut it closed and put it back on the shelf and sat on the couch. We all looked at him waiting for him to respond. "Yes? Ohh, well you have the affinity for fire" He said nonchalantly and matter of factly.

"She does!?" Sarah and Julia said together, both reacting the same, mouthes dropped and everything.

"I do?" I whispered. I looked down at my hands again, they felt warm and tingly, which is strange because now that I thought about it, I think I always known I had a connection to fire because I always felt like this.

"Yes, and to prove it, we'll get a candle." He reached under the couch and pulled out a small box that had long thin candles of every colour. He handed me a purple one. "Go one, try focusing your powers on lighting the candle." He smiled encouragingly. I looked at the candle and focused hard, just like I did with the vase, but nothing happened.

"Hmm...Let me try something" I took my index finger and my thumb and pinched the wick, closed my eyes and quickly imagined the flame forming at my finger tips. I opened my eyes and and quickly lifted my fingers up and the wick was now lit with a small little flame. I smiled hugely "I did it!"

"Wow! Mairead that's amazing!" Sarah hugged me and Julia was not far behind

"Truly and wonderfully amazing" I looked over at Ryan and he was looking right at me smiling away. I couldn't believe I had discovered some of my powers. It was exciting and exhilarating, and I was so ready to fight this darkness.[center]
Back to top Go down
Mairead_Cathal
Admin
Mairead_Cathal

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Chapter 13

I didn’t’t stay over too much longer because I had lots of homework and I needed to process this whole situation with Julia and now me with the new powers. It was such a quiet night out, it made the walk very peaceful and calming. When I got to the house I say a note taped to the door which said;

Mairead.
Rhoswen is out with Andrew and your father and I have gone to dinner and then out dancing so we won’t be home till late. If you haven’t already had dinner there is left over chicken and rice in the fridge, as well as a slice of chocolate cheese cake. We left a log in the fireplace if you wish to put the fire on but make sure you put it out when you go to bed. Also make sure you do your homework and behave. Love you!
–Mom

I smiled at the note and found the extra key we keep under a rock beside the house and went through the side door and into the kitchen. I wasn’t very hungry so I got a glass of iced tea and walked into the living room. I sat down on the couch and looked at the fireplace. I started thinking about the incident with the candle and wondered it would work fireplace. I couldn’t use just my fingers because there was no wick so I decided on a different method. I held my arm out straight in front of me and held my hand out flat so my palm was facing the fireplace, like it was against a wall. I closed my eyes and focused all my energy into the fireplace. I pictured a spark forming in my had then jumping from it onto the log and catching it on fire. I felt something building in my hand and becoming warm, next thing I heard was a small crack and smelt the familiar smell of fire burning. I opened my eyes to see the log had caught fire.

I sat there staring at the beautiful flames that danced up and into the chimney. I breathed in the scent of the log burning and sighed. The first year I was in Ireland when my parents had sent me there to study and live with my grandparent, was kind of scary. I cried for my parents every night because being that young I didn’t fully understand why they made me move, I love my grandparents to death so don’t get me wrong, but I missed them so much. When I was upset or missed them to the point I was crying, which happened a lot, Grandma would light the beautiful fireplace and we would just sit there in front of it drinking hot drinks and she would sing me Irish and Celtic music until my tears went away. As I was staring at the fireplace I started thinking on how much I needed answers, to what to do with the coven and how we could defeat the darkness. All this thinking was wearing me out more and I started drifting off to sleep. I was so exhausted from having the dream the night before, and the events that happened today that I was wiped clean of energy. I was just starting to fall asleep when I heard a voice, it was soft and quiet, it sounded like a whisper floating through the wind.

“Mairead…” The voice whispered. It woke me up right away, I thought my mom was home but it didn’t sound like her. I started looking around to see if there was someone there, but there was no one. Then it spoke again

“Mairead…” I was slightly scared, I mean there was a random voice saying my name and no one there, who wouldn’t be slightly scared?

“Who’s there?” I croaked out, I realized then how scared I really was and I felt like laughing at myself.

“Fire…Fire…Fire…” The voice started dying out and I heard bigger crackling. My attention went straight back to the dying flame, which was not dying anymore. The flame had grown twice as tall and was blazing, if the gate wasn’t in front of it then it might of caught something on fire. My eyes widened, I felt like running up to my room, shutting the door, and curl up with my Itty (I couldn’t say Kitty when I was little so I called her Itty) but I couldn’t make myself move. Ever since I had felt an incredible connection to fire, so much so I almost burned myself by wanting to touch it. Suddenly the fire calmed down, it was still twice it’s height when I first started it, but the flames had become under control. I sat there memorized.

“Mairead…at last…I’ve been waiting for the day you learned to scry with me…” The fire whispered. I started smiling, that was the one thing I had the most difficult with.

“I scryed? How? I didn’t prepare for it, I didn’t say a spell or anything…” I trailed off trying to think. Had I secretly scryed? Had my new powers strengthened my ability to do spells? The fire spoke again and shut up the babbling in my head.

“You wanted answers to the many questions circling your mind my child. I was summoned to do my best in helping you on your journey with out giving you the full answer and solution...” If the fire was here and a real person I could picture her smiling. I couldn’t help but smile back briefly. I then started thinking of the questions that have been swirling my mind lately and thought of the main one that constantly lingers my mind.

“What lies ahead for me? I’m not sure if that one you can answer fully but-.” The fire cut me off.

“That my child I can answer…though my answer is more of a warning.” I didn’t realize I was holding my breath till I let it out slowly. “Many troubles lie ahead Mairead...for you and your coven…You must be careful on your quest to defeat the darkness.” I didn’t like the troubles part. I then thought about taking my chances and asking another question.

“Who…Who is the Darkness, Can you tell me who she is?” I held my breath with anticipation.

“I cannot tell you who she is, Mairead. I can how ever warn you of her magic.” I let out my breath while she?...It? Continued. “The Darkness is a powerful thing. She can somehow travel from person to person while remaining in a single body. I must warn you she is not what he seem and she will cause much trouble for the coven.”

“I-I don’t understand…Are you saying she’s going to try and join our coven? Is she already in the coven. Please! Can you tell me anything else?” I was starting to panicky. To think she may already be in the coven waiting to attack frightened me.

“I’m sorry my child I cannot give you anymore information. I have told you too much” The fire started dying and I started panicking more.

“Wait! No! There must be more, that surely can’t be all!” I ran over to the fire and knelt before it, in front of the cage. “Please there has to be more you can tell me”

“There is more I can tell you….but I cannot. I’m sorry my child. You are very powerful Mairead Cathal. I warn you to be on guard. You have the power deep inside you to defeat her, I know you do. Please be careful my child…” In the instant the fire blew out, and I was left kneeling there alone in the dark.

I sat there in silence hoping, praying, the fire would re ignite itself, But it never happened. I started panicking. “I need to make some tea or something.” I said to myself. I got up and walked in the kitchen and started looking for everything to make the tea. I couldn’t find anything because my mom decided to clean the kitchen up the day before and totally moved everything around. After a few moment of panicking and cursing to myself because I was so jumpy, I finally found the kettle, tea bags and started making the tea.

It seemed like it was taking forever. “Why am I so jumpy? I know maybe because you just found out that the darkness may be already in your coven and waiting to attack? No! Don’t think that. I may not know everyone that well but I sure as hell know they wouldn’t ever do something like that to me.” Oh great. Excellent. Fantastic. Now I was arguing to myself. Well that was sure healthy. Once the tea was made I walked back over to the fire and light it again. Nothing happened and I slowly started drifting off to sleep again.

I was surprised on the fact I didn’t dream, or if I did I didn’t remember it. I was in that stage where your half asleep and half awake, so I was semi aware on what was going. It was so quiet and peaceful that I thought about drifting back off to sleep when I heard a loud knock on the door. I screamed quietly and startled awake. I sat straight up, shaking, and looked at the door. It was quiet for a few moments and I hoped who ever was there would go away. The I heard another knock again which made me jump. Shakily I stood up and was over slowly to the door. I unlocked it and opened it slowly. I was very relieved to see who was standing on the other side. Ryan.

“Ohh, thank the goddess, it’s you.” I breathed a sigh of relieve. “What are you doing here? Not that I’m not happy to see you, but, just wondering.” I looked up into his eyes, and he looked down kind of nervous. “Ryan…You okay?” His head snapped up and he smiled at me.

“I was wondering if I could ask you something…” He trailed off. I was slightly puzzled but I smiled at him.

“Sure, you can ask me anything. I need to tell you something anyways. Want to come in? I made some tea and I have the fire on.” He smiled more at me.

“That would be lovely. Thank you.” I invited him in and told him to see on the couch and make himself comfortable. I went into the kitchen and poured him a cup and came back into living room and sat down beside him. I have him the cup and he started drinking it. I sighed and he set the tea down on the coffee table. “So what did you need to tell me?” He asked looking into my eyes. I started shaking again and he looked concerned. “Mairead, what’s wrong? You’re shaking. Is everything okay?”

“Umm, kind of…sort of…not really…” I looked over at the fire again. Ryan followed my gaze.

“What happened.” He sounded concerned. I looked down at my lap and sighed, then I looked up at him, into his eyes.

“I scryed…” His eyes widened with shock and looked over at the fire then back over at me.

“With the fire!” I nodded and mouthed wow and leaned back against the couch. “You are way more powerful then I thought…” He moved his gaze from the fire to back at me. “What did it say? What did you ask her?”

“She told me that troubles lie ahead for us. She also mentioned stuff about the darkness…” I trailed off. He sat straight up and shifted he position so he was facing me.

“What about? What did she say about the darkness?” I started getting panicky again but I swallowed my tears and fears and finished the answer.

“She said that she’s not what she seems, that she can control her powers to bounce from person to person. She also said to be cautious…I think she’s either going to try and join the coven. Or she’s already is in the coven and ready to attack…” I trailed off

“What! What do you mean! Who is it? Do you know?” His voice was getting more serious and I was getting more panicked. To the point when I started crying.

“I don’t know okay! I just found out about this whole thing no more than two hours ago! I freaking out here because I feel like I’ve failed my coven. To think she may actually be here? Is…is…” I couldn’t speak anymore, I just started sobbing. Ryan then pulled me into a hug and started petting my hair and making shushing sounds.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t of freaked out like that. I worried about you. I couldn’t see you hurt. It would kill me. Please stop crying…Please.” I pulled away and looked at him. A few more tears fell from my eyes and he wiped them away. I started calming down and then remembered he wanted to ask me something.

“Thanks for calming me down.” I smiled at him and sniffled. “Now, what did you need to ask me? It must be important I mean you drove here just to ask me something.” I saw he began blushing and my heart began to race.

“I-I have something for you. It’s in my car hold on.” I got up off the couch and ran out to he car. I sat there patiently but anxiously. He returned with he arm behind his back. I assumed he had something hidden. He sat back down and looked at me. He began smiling which made me smile too.

“What?” I giggled and asked “Why are you smiling?” He began blushing again and took a deep breath.

“Okay…here it goes.” He then brought his hand that was behind his back in front of me. In his hand was a beautiful almost in bloom pink rose. I started blushing and my heart started racing a mile a minute.

“W-What….” I gulped. I didn’t know what to say.

“Mairead…I know we haven’t known each other long, and that we just met and everything.” He swallowed and I could see he was shaking. “B-But I feel like I have a strong connection to you. Like I’ve known you all my life somehow. I can tell you feel that too so I guess what I’m trying to say is…maybe…would you like to go out with me?” He extended the rose I looked up at him blushing, shaking, and heart racing. I looked down at the rose and took it from his hand then looked up at him and smiled.

“I would be honored to go out with you. Did you make a special trip up here just to ask me out?” He started blushing even more.

“Maybe…” He started grinning like a child at Christmas. I giggled and leaned over to hug him.

“You have to be the sweetest most romantic guy I’ve met you know that?” I sighed

“And you have to be one of the kindest, wonderful, most beautiful girl I’ve met.” I could tell he was happy and I’m sure he was smiling away. I knew at that point I was falling for Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prophecy of the Witch   Prophecy of the Witch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prophecy of the Witch
Page 1 of 1